Who has the nicest busa here?

If anyone asks, I always say, don't ask, the price for these first generation models is priceless. Let’s say I bought it for a fair price but had to invest quite a bit to make it roadworthy again, had stood still for far too long.
Better ask, what would you charge for it if you sold it, I say, not under $15,000. I'm sure prices will go up over the years. They are becoming increasingly rare in original version and with so few mileage.

But it's not so much about the value, I just fell in love with it because I like the color very much. It grows really on you. I bought a black/red one in 1999 because I thought the copper/silver was too daring at the time, now it's just the opposite. So I'm really happy with it!

Here's one that was recently auctioned for $14980: 1999 Suzuki Hayabusa – Iconic Motorbike Auctions
I wanted a Copper/Silver Gen1, but here in the UK they are rare. So i bought a early March 99 Black/Silver. I also have the main frame for a Copper/Silver that i will build at some point.
Gen 1 side view.jpg

I wanted a Copper/Silver Gen1, but here in the UK they are rare. So i bought a early March 99 Black/Silver. I also have the main frame for a Copper/Silver that i will build at some point.
View attachment 1656866
That‘s also a fine looking bike. Looks very neat.:super:
I'm curious how you're going to do that, do you think you could find some copper/silver fairings or are you planning to get it repaint? To find the right unscratched fairings will be the hardest part, unless you go for the chinese junk.

That‘s also a fine looking bike. Looks very neat.:super:
I'm curious how you're going to do that, do you think you could find some copper/silver fairings or are you planning to get it repaint? To find the right unscratched fairings will be the hardest part, unless you go for the chinese junk.
I would like to find original paint panels, like i did for my Black/Silver Gen1, but can't see me finding any unless a copper/silver gets broken for parts. So what i'm going to do it use the old panels off my black/silver and repaint them in the copper/silver colours. I'm lucky that i can paint myself. I only use OEM panels.

I would like to find original paint panels, like i did for my Black/Silver Gen1, but can't see me finding any unless a copper/silver gets broken for parts. So what i'm going to do it use the old panels off my black/silver and repaint them in the copper/silver colours. I'm lucky that i can paint myself. I only use OEM panels.
Wow can’t wait for the result.
Painting motorcycles is a craft. When it's done superbly, you can barely tell the difference.
The only painter who’s allowed to touch my motorcycles would be the one in the Netherlands, even though it is quite far away for me: https://www.instagram.com/bvt_motorpaint/

How is it to get Suzuki OEM paint mixes? I'm pretty amazed at the metallics that are hidden in factory paintjobs... like the blue and green flakes in the black that you can only see when the sun hits it.

How is it to get Suzuki OEM paint mixes? I'm pretty amazed at the metallics that are hidden in factory paintjobs... like the blue and green flakes in the black that you can only see when the sun hits it.
The guy i use for most of my paints is very good. Even with the flakes in the paint there nearly spot on to what suzuki do.
Making paints these days is a science and most are as good or better than OEM. When i paint i like using loads of clear coat, it stops the colour getting damaged by stones and touching the clear up is a markless repair.

My Gen2 had 12 coats of clearcoat.
20210605_120118.jpg

Back