Who had Clear Alternatives failures?

Shibumi

Donating Member
Registered
USN04limited posted recently, we both bought CA integrated signal taillights in June, and they have both had significant LED failures since then. CA waranties products for a year, right? Do you go to the seller, or straight to CA? How did they handle it, and was it prompt and hassle-free?

More importantly, are their products crap and break all the time, or is it a rare occurrence?

Please post if you have had a CA problem, and what you did to resolve it. This many people, should be a pretty good yardstick of product quality. Even if they replace them, I wont buy it if it's crap and keeps breaking because I don't want to put up with the hassle.

I have had my clear alternatives integrator LED for a year and a half now, it is still perfect since new. I have heard about some of the LED's goin out from other board members, but I have to ask how did you seal it from the elements? I used the stock connector and it is sealed as good as the factory light on mine.

When i first got my CA i had a problem with them. they replaced them no questions asked. overnighted the new ones out along with a return back for the old ones. very good to deal with.

I have been dealing with them for 6 years now, and I have never had any problems with them!
SHOCKED.gif

Put the integrated light on in March. I had a full column of LEDs go out. I haven't contacted CA because I don't have my bill of sale. Do you think I need it?

Cougar

Mine weren't lighting completely when I first got'm. Since I am here I didn't send them back since this would have taken maybe a month to turn around. I tapped on them and they ended up lighting 100% for a few days until I took the time to look at them again through the garage (glass) door reflection. So I am probably gonna phug wit'em some more to see what comes out of it.

(cougar19 @ Oct. 23 2006,00:14) Put the integrated light on in March. I had a full column of LEDs go out. I haven't contacted CA because I don't have my bill of sale. Do you think I need it?

Cougar
I sent them email saying that I had proof of purchase if required. They said send the board and a description of the problem and they would repair/replace when they received the old board. They didn't say anything about a receipt.

Did you use paypal to pay for them? If you did your receipt can be reprinted thru there.

Don

Yes, i have some led's out in mine also. I've had mine about 4 months now. And now it's failing. I'm gonna e-mail them today.

I have had mine since June and have not had the first problem but now I am paranoid and constantly checking it. Safety first and all the wifey should understand an undertail. Time to start looking.
Hope they take care of your problem!

i had a set of front signals and they were garbage. they didn't fit to spec. no cracks and did hold up nicely for a while. now i have the oem clears for the d.o.t. rats to get off my back.
rant.gif

Back