Whining under Throttle

SnapAttack

Donating Member
Registered
Well, I'm starting to get her ready for the road as the last of the parts should be here Friday.

While she was down with mods, I switched to Mobil 1 4T 10w/40 Synthetic. Filter is Suzuuki OEM. Oil level is just below full line.

Question? When the bike is traveling under throtlle is low rpm range (2k-4k) I get a "whining" noise. It is not a tick, rattle or clank. She whines. Not sure is I've been off the bike to long (that's gimme) or if switching to Synthetic oil could have her singing a little. It's only under throttle while moving. Normal?
rock.gif

She's starting/running VERY well other than the whine.

Thanks.

Before you ask... it is NOT the chain. It is coming from the front near the header/pair area.
guns.gif

I have an 07 and switched the oil when I first got her, and I never heard any whining. Could be the bike is getting used to the switch. When you get it put all together, take it up to the hill country and give her a good run. Good luck!

(quipuah @ Jul. 10 2007,12:19) I have an 07 and switched the oil when I first got her, and I never heard any whining.  Could be the bike is getting used to the switch.  When you get it put all together, take it up to the hill country and give her a good run.  Good luck!
A couple quick bursts around 46 no doubt.
beerchug.gif

I switched to the same oil last oil change. I had the same wine for a hundred miles or so, then it went away. I wish I could tell you why.

(GSXcite @ Jul. 10 2007,13:14) I switched to the same oil last oil change. I had the same wine for a hundred miles or so, then it went away. I wish I could tell you why.
Thanks bro. Almost sounds like a blower LOL.

(quipuah @ Jul. 10 2007,13:18) Or 470 theres one stretch where you can really launch her.  
beerchug.gif
Ah, yes. Ever take 16 out to Kerrville? Good stops along the way and can test out some twisties on the beast.

Problem fixed. I started looking through my bags of fasteners and found (2) 1/2" cylinder shaped spacers. Starting looking through the parts manual and found they go to the radiator bracket. I removed them when installing the headers but replaced the bolts without the spacers. Well, not exactly. All spacers are now accounted for on the bike BUT I HAVE (1) LEFT AND DON'T KNOW WHERE IT COULD GO. the "whine" is gone. Just normal engine noise/friction stuff. Hard to believe this caused the noise. May have been something else like the oil change but who cares... she's singing again.

Hmm, just changed to same oil on my bike two weeks ago and not noises here.

Back