Ulta high pitched whine

LightCycle

Donating Member
Registered
Hey folks, I'm getting ready to get my 600 mile service done, and I have a couple questions to ask before I talk to the mechanic.

1. With bike started, at full stop, whether in our out of gear. Depressing the front brake, rear brake or both I hear a very high pitched whine. It's so high that it's hard to distinguish where it's coming from. Keep in mind, this is when the bike is not moving. The whine is so high that it actually causes me to hear it when I’ve stopped riding. Almost sounds like someone taking a finger to a crystal glass.

2. I'm getting the cold start up clanking noise as well. This has already been posted about, oil starvation to the cam chain tensioner. Just wondering if anyone has gotten anywhere with this.

Any input would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

No one is having this problem? Well, I'm taking her in for her 600 mile service tonight, so I'll let you all know if they're able to tell me anything about it. I almost thought it was ME, as it's really hard to hear with the helmet off, but my son was able to hear it yesterday as well. Almost sounds like brakes squeeling, but I only hear it when the bike is motionless.

it might be the fuel tank letting some air in... bypassing a seal somewhere. I dunno man! Sounds strange???

rock.gif

This high pitched whine could be your missus as you're going for a ride again.....
tounge.gif

I reported the same sound to the dealer when my '06 went back for the checkup. They thought it was simply air going into the gas tank, and not to worry about it.

Todd

I reported the same sound to the dealer when my '06 went back for the checkup.  They thought it was simply air going into the gas tank, and not to worry about it.

Todd
Thats exactly what it is...the tanks just venting. Mine does it all the time. I actually hadn't really noticed it till another member mentioned it a while back.

Back