Which Yoshimura Pipe Sounds Best On the Gen I Busa

c0dblack

Registered
I have an 05 Busa. I want to get a set of Yoshi slip ons but don't want to have to remove the baffle to get a good sound. I was told that I would have to re map the fuel system or get a power commander(which I don't have the money for right now) or I could risk burning the valves. I like the RS3s and the R22s. Can anyone shed some experience as to which pipe sounds the best....meaning a more throatier sound without having to remove the baffle.
Thanks.

Check with Jesse (sleeper-red) he has 50K on his 2007 with RS3 slip-ons and they sound great.

Removing the baffles just makes 'em louder, less throatier, and sound like mufflers with no baffles.
You shouldn't need to re-map anything. Full system, yes. Bolt ons, no.

I have a 4-2-1 RS-3 and I don't like the sound at all. My friend has a 4-2-1 HMF and it sounds nasty. If you want throaty go with HMF. Iv'e also heard that D&Ds sound pretty good too.

See my sig, I love the way mine sounds...quiet around town, loud when you get on it.
Posted via Mobile Device

I like the sound on both the TRS and RS3 cans both have a very nice deep tone I have had both on my busa:thumbsup:

Adam's 05 LTD.jpg

TRS Exhaust.jpg

If you want loud and throaty get a set of Tsukigi Cannon slip-ons, they have full system sound which is very very deep. :thumbsup:

I'm running a R-22 full system on my 04, I like the sound with the quiet insert in. But I also like quieter pipes. Its not as deep or throaty as the dual bolt-on vipers were, but I'm fine with that. If you want a loud aggressive sounding pipe you prolly won't like a yosh. If you want a clean, quieter, tight high performance sound you'll prolly like the yosh :thumbsup:

I am just about done with my winter mods.
The last 2 things I need to do is to instal my pc3 and take the guts out of my RS3s.

I am just about done with my winter mods.
The last 2 things I need to do is to instal my pc3 and take the guts out of my RS3s.

If you dont have fiberglass cans you will get a metal sound to your exhaust. I know this from experience. I had them and gutted them. Then got fiberglass carbon fiber TRS exhaust cans and gutte them. Much deeper sound with the fiberglass

i run the trs as well and love it...very deep throaty sound.

rs3 here no fuel mapping or power commander, sounds good to me. just a little deeper sound than stock.

Back