Which rearsets do you prefer/recommend?

busa clubslinger

Registered
Hi fellow speed demons! I'm about to order a tobin seat for my orange/black (the fast color) K08 and since the tobin lowers you about an inch I'm shopping for rearsets that will adjust down for my long legs. Which rear sets do you prefer or recommend?:beerchug:

Yeah, everyone says the Tobins actually drop you about 1.5 inches!

For the folks who like the rearsest, do the vortex's adjust down below the stock height because I undertand that alot of them only adjust up for performance riding.

Most rearsets are designed with road racing in mind with ground clearance as a priority and move your feet up and back. Cycle Cat produced a rearset that allowed you to place the peg down and forward from the stock position but unfortunately they are out of business.

If you have long legs then a stock seat with the Buell peg mod would be your best bet. This is of course assuming that comfort and practicality was the criterion behind your desion to go with a Tobin style seat. If fashion is your primary concern then much like womens shoes comfort takes a back seat to style.

cheers
ken

you can drop the pegs and pull them back with the vortex rearsets. The only problem is you can only go so low and so far back before you run into clearance problems with your pipe.

We a lot of Vortex sets for members here:

Vortex Rearsets for Sportbikes Motorcycles - Buy Today & SAVE!! | Pashnit Moto

RS514S_Suzuki_GSXR1300_Hayabusa.jpg

hayabusa_orange.jpg

Img_2932_vortex_rearsets.jpg

txbikerdude_3.jpg

rearsets_vortex_13.jpg

RS514S_Suzuki_GSXR1300_Hayabusa.jpg

hayabusa_orange.jpg

Img_2932_vortex_rearsets.jpg

txbikerdude_3.jpg

rearsets_vortex_13.jpg

Mattstang those will not work with a standard style pipe, the drag rearsets sit very low. At the highest setting it had no chance of clearing on my bike with the brocks ah. Those are for sidewinder or turbo'd bikes.:beerchug:

Mattstang those will not work with a standard style pipe, the drag rearsets sit very low. At the highest setting it had no chance of clearing on my bike with the brocks ah. Those are for sidewinder or turbo'd bikes.:beerchug:

hhrrrmmm, couldve swore there was a pic with full exhaust and those... ill look around a little.

I'm sure I'm the only one with Rizoma rearsets...absolutely amazing rearsets.

There was only one retailer in the states that sold them way back when...got mine and a few months later they stopped production on them. Honestly no idea if they started again with them.

Worth a search though. I'm sure you can find some pics on here from me on them.

As far as I know cycle cat is still in business.

Most rearsets are designed with road racing in mind with ground clearance as a priority and move your feet up and back. Cycle Cat produced a rearset that allowed you to place the peg down and forward from the stock position but unfortunately they are out of business.

If you have long legs then a stock seat with the Buell peg mod would be your best bet. This is of course assuming that comfort and practicality was the criterion behind your desion to go with a Tobin style seat. If fashion is your primary concern then much like womens shoes comfort takes a back seat to style.

cheers
ken

Stay away from Gilles for street riding...I went back to stock.
Curious about your reasons.
I have had my Gilles on for almost a year now and love 'em. Never had an issue. I have mine quite high and rearward vs stock.
Interested in why you went back to stock.

Vortex will have the greatest variety of foot positions. They will go lower than stock but probably not more than a quarter inch.

I have Satos on my busa and Vortex onmy 14. I like the Vortex better. Shifting/braking is same between both brands, works as good as stock. Vortex looks a little beefier for a big bike. The screws on my Satos shift linkage came loose a couple times. Infact, the heel guard allen screws have a hex hole that is too small to tighten them up adquately without stretching the hole. You will want to use a screw with a bigger hex on those. No problem with my Vortex. From Pashnit's pics, Looks like Vortex finally got their act together and punched out the heal guards so they must be at least as lightweight as Satos.

If you go with rearsets, remember to get a pressure switch if you want to retain functioning of the rear brake light.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/maintenance-do-yourself/170972-genii-footrest-assy-removal-sato-rearsets-install.html#post2983884

If you're mainly looking for comfort, perhaps Buell pegs would suit you better.

Back