Which NorCal Suzuki dealers "deal"?

oldschool

Registered
Hi,

New guy here. I am shopping for a new '08 or '09 Hayabusa and was curious to hear peoples experience with dealers in NorCal and which ones are willing to bargin.

I read other threads here which stated don't pay more than MSRP out the door, but is this possible around the SF Bay Area or am I going to have to look further away to get a good deal?

TIA

Marin Cyclewerks closed shop. They didn't negotiate anyways.

Vallejo Powersports, avoid like a plague. They tried to tell me I needed the valves adjusted at the 3,000 mile mark. I use them as a parts depot only.

Only NorCal dealerships I have any experience with. Sorry.

Call Bob Gannon at Roseville Cycle. He is a Friend of Mine. PS: Stay Away from there service Department :whistle:

I've contacted a few dealers and so far only one got back to me from Fairfield Cycle Center. He wasn't willing to talk any kind of price over the phone and I don't think he took me seriously. I told him I would be paying cash for the bike and all he had to say was "cash talks and you know what walks". I'm in my 40s and found that to be a little insulting. I'm sure salesmen get jacked around all the time but if you don't know who you are talking to, well...you might just lose the sale.

I've contacted a few dealers and so far only one got back to me from Fairfield Cycle Center. He wasn't willing to talk any kind of price over the phone and I don't think he took me seriously. I told him I would be paying cash for the bike and all he had to say was "cash talks and you know what walks". I'm in my 40s and found that to be a little insulting. I'm sure salesmen get jacked around all the time but if you don't know who you are talking to, well...you might just lose the sale.

If it were me, I would ride my new Busa to that dealer after purchasing from someone else and ask for the salesman by name and tell him all about the new bike you just purchased from "someone else." :laugh:

I had very good luck with the suzuki dealership in Auburn.....cash got me a great deal, plus an awesome discount on some accessories :thumbsup:
I just called them....they're now OTD Cycles like mentioned above. They have a black and orange 08 for 10,999 OTD, a white 09 for 12,200 OTD, and said other 09 colors were available. Their number is 530-885-7105, I talked to Aaron, seemed like a nice guy :beerchug:
The 08 price actually perked my ears up slightly :laugh:

Great info, thanks guys.

The OTD posting gave me leverage on a white '09 at a dealer much closer than Auburn for me. They quoted me 12,600 OTD and when I mentioned OTD Cycles he said he can't do 12,200 OTD but he will come down from 12600. I have another dealer that said he can get a blue '08 and will give me a deal but didn't talk price. I'll talk to him on tuesday about the price.

Last edited:
Call Bob Gannon at Roseville Cycle. He is a Friend of Mine. PS: Stay Away from there service Department :whistle:

ya my buddy had runnins with there service department.they flat out told him not to bring his bike back in . He has a factory honda rep coming down to put his cowling on the right way . :moon: service Dept:moon:

Back