Are suzuki dealers mod friendly?

oldschool

Registered
I'm hoping to have a Hayabusa soon, possibly later this week, and was curious as to whether suzuki dealers are generally mod friendly, or not, or does it depend on the dealer?

Mods I am thinking about are complete exhaust and pingel electric shifter. From what I've been reading there should be a remap when an exhaust is installed so some sort of tuning device will have to be used.

TIA

That's gonna depend to some extent on the dealer. I've heard lots of responses to this sort of question over the years. The most common answer I have received is that if you do not go into the motor, most dealerships will not let a mod violate your warranty (unless it can be explicitly proven to have caused the fail).

D

You do the exhaust and you can kiss your warrenty good bye. As for a stealership tuning your bike with a Power Commander/exhaust mod, forget it. Most stealerships can barely get through an oil change without tearing something up.
Forget the warrenty and find a high performance shop in your area to do your tuning work. Stealership sells bikes, working on them is more of a liability than an asset. Small time service/parts place makes their living and survives solely on a good reputation for good work. These kind of places are always your best bet for any kind of work on your bike.:thumbsup:

I wasn't considering having the dealer tune the bike. I was more concerned if I had some warranty issue with something and having the dealer blame that something on mods unrelated on the parts and or assembly in question.

If you buy from them and they install they usually stand by the warranty unless you were the one who made the mess due to rider error.

Another question.

Does the bikes computer have a tattle tale code that will show up if it has been flashed?

Bikes had carbs when I rode them so please excuse the stupid questions.

I think it totally depends on the dealer you use. The dealer I use also installs aftermarket parts and still stands behind the warrenty. Several of their new bikes have aftermarket stuff on them when you buy them. I would say, check with the dealer before you do anything and if they give you a hard time go to another dealer.

DEALER'S IN CALIF AREA WON'T DO MOD'S AT ALL BECAUSE OF STATE LAW'S. (THATS WHAT THEY SAY) SO I DID MY OWN MOD'S AND RUN'S LIKE A RAPED APE SO EASY TO DO. SHIFTER , EXHAUST AND RE-MAP AND IT RUNS SO STRONG JUST DO IT THIS IS A VERY EASY BIKE TO WORK ON. :beerchug: :thumbsup: :bowdown: :cheerleader:

Back