Which GPS

What mount are you using?
Actually it is a combination of mounts. The cradle is the Garmin one that comes with the Car Kit. I took the swivel off of it and bolted a 1" Ram mount ball to it. The Ram ball had a round plate with 4 screws that matched the Garmin Pattern. I had to hit the hardware store for the screws. I used a 3" Ram Arm. The stem mount is a 1/4"-20 X 12" stainless all-thread. The ball is a RAM part number B273-U. The ball has a 1/4-20 hole. I loctited the ball to the all-thread. I slid a couple of 1" pieces of 1/4 vacuum over the all-thread to keep it centered and dropped it through the stem. Mark it and cut off the excess (about 3/4 “) and put a ¼-20 nylock nut on it.

This is the Garmin mount I took apart for the cradle link You can see the 4 holes I used to bolt it to the ball mount.

This is the RAM version of the cradle. The Garmin is more secure. Link

This is the actual kit I bought. You can see the base I used to bolt to the back of the Garmin Cradle. Link

Here is the ball I used link

I really need to take everything apart and take some detailed pictures.

Anybody got the Quest II yet ? I am looking to upgrade from a V , and want to know pros and cons of the Quest II if anyone has one ! Thanks to anyone with ideas or opinions  
idea.gif

Back