Tomtom one GPS

KanjiBusa

Seizures Suck!
Donating Member
Registered
Here you go guys, I just bought this for 279 from costco, Its a Tomtom one GPS, You can change the main screens but cannot change the arrow,
sad.gif
The way I mounted it was with a techmount stem stand, I just removed the stem to clean up the space. You can see in the pictures below. I just used a heavy duty velcro to attach, And it holds like crazy, I plan to hard wire it this coming weekend.

Top off
446717002_c67704c12b.jpg

Side Stem stand view
446717016_80576d8809.jpg

Side Stem No Tomtom
446717018_4241ea736d.jpg

Top Tomtom One On
biggrin.gif
I like my intro screen hehehe.
446717022_7c01c2776e.jpg

Top Tomtom One Gps night mode, so it doesnt blind you at night.
446717024_0f13c9aed4.jpg

Nice! You better hope you dont get caught in the rain! TomTom does make a different model called the rider witch is waterproof!

(GIXERHP @ Apr. 04 2007,14:42) Nice! You better hope you dont get caught in the rain! TomTom does make a different model called the rider witch is waterproof!
I noticed that, I did see the rider, it also has picture share, and mp3 player, but you cannot use those while using the map. And I do not plan to ride in the rain. I usually have enough warning to conceal it.
biggrin.gif

rock.gif
rock.gif

quick question if ya dont mind...I have been looking at purchasing a GPS myself for the bike.... leaning towards the Garmin nuvi310. But although specs says it is bluetooth enabled, no-ones seems to be able to tell me if this means I could listen to the audible prompts thru my Scala helmet headset.

You happen to know if this is possible.?

Ta.

rock.gif

do you have a part # of the stem you got? also, where did you get the velcro? that looks great! i have an audiovox that id like to strap to my bike.

IMO, not a good idea. The satellites know how fast your gps is traveling.......... (maybe I should not have read "1984
biggrin.gif
)

Taking your eyes off the road is a bad idea.......

I always found my destinations the last 30 years with the help of a map..........

But hey, if its 'your thing' then DO IT!

Had a GPS unit in a rental car. We were trying to find a Ruby Tuesday's. It told us there is one 30 miles away so we switched to a different restaurant. And we drive by a Ruby Tuesday's........... I'm really starting to hate technology lately.

Ps: computers and cellphones suck too.

(JuiceSC @ Apr. 05 2007,02:31) IMO, not a good idea. The satellites know how fast your gps is traveling.......... (maybe I should not have read "1984
biggrin.gif
)

Taking your eyes off the road is a bad idea.......

I always found my destinations the last 30 years with the help of a map..........

But hey, if its 'your thing' then DO IT!

Had a GPS unit in a rental car. We were trying to find a Ruby Tuesday's. It told us there is one 30 miles away so we switched to a different restaurant. And we drive by a Ruby Tuesday's........... I'm really starting to hate technology lately.

Ps: computers and cellphones suck too.
I bought the newest system, The maps and Points of Interest were updated a month ago. :-D

Very nice, KB! I've been drooling over these GPS's for a while now~ The range in pricing is unbelievable! That is definitly a hell of a deal you found there~ Excellent setup too~ Congrats...
beerchug.gif

Whaddayamean, can't change the arrow, do you mean the compass? If so, you can, look through the options screens. I have this model as well.

In reference to one comment above about looking, when at max volume I can hear mine even with earplugs in!

Back