GPS Flat mount

ResidentEvil

Registered
Easy you take the mount flat plate and the short stem with the rubber rings on it and put a screw through the flat plate into the short stem and put it in the stem hole done.Then put a 12volt cigarette lighter plug on the trunk and you can use the cord that came with the gps, just a few zip ties mounted under the tank and seat to the front,and done.Put a fuse on the battery side connection from the lighter plug ,you can now charge anything that uses 12 lighter plug ..cell phone....tire pump ..ect
I put STRONG velcro on the GPS and flat plate and it's GOOD !!!
and YES I used my T-Mobile cell phone charger to power my GPS I didn't need it anymore.If more pics are need I can take more detailed.

0101190003.jpg

0101190017.jpg

0101190034.jpg

0101190049.jpg

0101190112.jpg

0101190138.jpg

Have you tried it yet? You will get sun glare big time! That is the benefit of being able to move it. Just so you know. Super annoying to get sun glare when you actually NEED to see the gps. You know it never happens until you NEED to see it! :whistle:
:beerchug:

What size fuse are you using for the cigarette lighter socket ?

Last edited:
I did two mounts yesterday. one adjustable and on non adjustable. I prefer the non adj just becuase its more firm and less prone to bouncing around. As for the glare, trust me when i say that the GPS has stop mucho of it, comming from a PPM tripple chrome top tripple this is less of an intrusion on my visor

gps mounts 001.jpg

gps mounts 004.jpg

no glare DARK aftermarket screen I thought it would be too but im good ive had it since summer.

Last edited:
I did two mounts yesterday. one adjustable and on non adjustable. I prefer the non adj just becuase its more firm and less prone to bouncing around. As for the glare, trust me when i say that the GPS has stop mucho of it, comming from a PPM tripple chrome top tripple this is less of an intrusion on my visor

how is that mounted in the 2nd pic

long time ago, but all I did was to drill the stem nut cover (PPM metal chrome) and used a bolt with a nilon nut on the bottom. I wish i still had that (but it was gone with tory when i sold her) the mount was an adjustable universal mounth i found at best buy. fully adjustable to as during night rides i didnt want to have the light of the GPS right in front of me

Back