Which coolant is best

I am trying engine ice. Heard things!
laugh.gif

I'm not an expert on antifreez, as far as I know they are all about the same as long as it is aproved for aluminum, 50/50 ratio I also add a little prestone lube and rust inhibitor...busa-ss

in south carolina @ this time of year its not going to make any diff . The "alternative products" are SUPPOSED to be better at cooling , but thus far , few of them have made any other boasts. Its not like yer gonna leave yer bike outside too test an anti-freeze against the elements (unless yer real dumb)

For me, the most important thing...DISTILLED WATER.

if it were me , I'd just go with whats tried an' true , some stuff has been used for yrs an' yrs , an' some stuff is a little bit newer on the market.

Who can tell what the long term effects are for the newer products....they dont even know....how can they , its a new invention .

Distilled water can definately help thou....you'll have less build up , an' blah blah blah.....

In the end , the temperature around the critical areas is going to be about the same , no matter whats in there. Near the upper cumbustion chamber etc etc....hot things are happening . if you can bring the temp down a few degree's an' stop the fan from coming on....gr8 . It's still fuggin' hot in there .
A good oil is more important....if you ask me...

hav a good 1....RSD.

is there such thing as flushing and changing radiator fluid the right way, or just drain the old fluid through bottom radiator hose? if there is a right way to do it, i wouldnt mind learning how to. any1?

Engine Ice can be found here. Dave is a good guy and will help you with any questions you might have.

http://www.cyclelogic.cc/

Evans NPG+ is straight NPG as Engine Ice is a 50/50 mix.

http://www.evanscooling.com/main31.htm

I think I will be going to the Evans this year. I am running the Engine Ice right now. It does a good job, but with the bike lowered there is reduced air flow to the radiator and I think the straight NPG will work better. Both are good products though. You can get the Engine Ice at most bike dealers. At least around here you can.

Hope it helps,

Steve

I just drained and flushed mine out.  Added distilled water and 6oz of Water Wetter.  Not worried about freezing temps!!  It is suppose to run 20' cooler.  Only $7 for 12oz bottle.

<!--EDIT|blas32
Reason for Edit: None given...|1076768274 -->

Back