WHICH CLUTCH MOD IS BEST?

big ed

Donating Member
Registered
I'm looking into doing a clutch mod but when I do a search both mps & brocks turn up.which is best as far as performance & seat of the pants feel(ass dyno)?thank you for any helpful feedback.

I've got the Brocks but getting a stocker welded up is just as good and cheaper. The only thing it remedies is the banging when you launch hard with the stock two piece clutch center.

Now if you've got an older model (2002 or earlier I think?) then you might also need the clutch cushion kit from Brocks.

Got an 06 & cost is not an issue.just read the brocks also help acceration

Got an 06 & cost is not an issue.just read the brocks also help acceration
Never heard that before. If they are claiming it would be faster because of less rotational mass then they are splitting hairs.

A clutch mod doesn't make your bike any faster, it just stops the dreaded huge bang that every stock busa does when you launch hard from a dead stop when drag racing.

yeah there add says it will improve acceleration.I have 16/44 gearing,extended 4 inches,200 shinko just lookin to whup ass on a local beefed up gsxr1000

If you are not drag racing at the track leave the stocker in it. The weight difference is close to the centerline so any performace gains will be minimal.

If you are not drag racing at the track leave the stocker in it. The weight difference is close to the centerline so any performace gains will be minimal.
just what are the guys doing that allow them to leave at higher rpms?
Depends on the bike and HP. Mine stock HP worked great with the 1 piece hub mod and the stock (02-07) style cushion launching 3000-5000 rpm. When I added 25-30hp I had to go with Brocks Cushion kit to get a good clean launch.

Some are going to a lock-up pressure plate to get there.

so would it be worth the mps clutch mod & welded torque limiter for around town & maybe twice a year track trip?

so would it be worth the mps clutch mod & welded torque limiter for around town & maybe twice a year track trip?
If your launchs are smooth and the clutch is not "grabbing" during the launch, I'd suggest leaving it alone. If you get to the point you can not get a smooth launch, I'd start with a brocks, mps ring, or welded unit.

Thanks for feedback PROFESSOR.
bowdown.gif

Back