MPS Clutch Mod Kit install help

Habu

Registered
I have an '02 Busa that I'm modifying for drag racing. I bought the MPS Clutch Mod Kit that comes with beefier springs and a billet locking ring that removes the slipper function of the clutch.

I've searched the forum and I can't seem to find one that has some installation instructions. I have a service manual, so removing the pressure plate and springs is easy. The lock ring is the troublesome part for me. Anyone able to offer help?

The MPS kit didn't come with instructions, and I'm a little unsure of exactly what this ring looks like installed.

Thanks much in advance-

I hate to steer you to another forum, but seeing that you hadn't gotten a responce. Did you try asking over at sh.org?
A lot of dragracing gurus that have done this mod..

Download the service manual. Page 3-31/32. You need to remove the large nut under the pressure plate. I suggest an impact wrench. The parts on the bottom of 3-32 is where you will be installing the ring. You should be able to tell what to swap out when you get to there.

Get a slave support brace or a billet sprocket cover. Otherwise the stock sprocket cover may fail with the heavier springs.

Thanks Professor! I've got the manual. On the bottom of page 3-32, does the ring go behind the Clutch Driven Cam (5)? I'm thinking it holds the Clutch Drive Cam (4) in place behind the Clutch Driven Cam. Sound right?

This would be so much easier if MPS included an instruction sheet with pics showing the install process.

That is correct, it goes between 4 and 5 to keep them from moving.

Back