CLUTCH MOD

prunty80

Registered
I'm thinking about buying a brock's clutch mod. I have an 04 busa with BMC filter, air box mod, Brock's sidewinder exhaust, pair valves removed, lowered, extended 6". I just bought new sprockets 16/42 but haven't installed them yet. I weigh 270 and does not have any problems with wheelies when launching. How will the clutch mod help me when I launch? I am knew to the whole racing scene!!

The stock hub has a lockup device built into it. As it engages/loads, it places more pressure on the pack. It is more of a problem when slipping the clutch to prevent wheelies. As you put more horsepower and stickier tires, it becomes more noticeable. It feels like it is chattering when trying to slide it smoothly and consistently.

Honestly if you are not having any problems with it stock, you might not see a benefit to swapping to it. I can really tell the difference with mine now with an extra 25-30hp. It wasn't that big a deal before, but it was a bit better.

Soon to find out. Im putting in the Brock's ultra clutch mod and heavy springs hopefully this week. Then back to the track to find the improvement.

i'd like to know your results when you get a chance. I am thinking of slapping in the 16/42 set up so I can slap around these newer faster 1k's of all sorts (r1, rr, gsxr1 an so on).

Not that I cant already, being that they have no idea what 190 plus some looks like lol. I want to see what you got out of it!:whistle:

I found that my power train was tighter after this mod.
Before it was loose and clunked at times.
Also with the stock clutch, it is hard to lock the rear wheel with a downshift.
With the Brock's you can lock it up for a second.
That is the way I have always had a clutch, so I like it.
If you are not used to it, it can be tricky esp in rain etc.

I have 16/42 gearing on my bike. I put a welded clutch hub, slave support, and heavy springs. It makes a big difference. It makes the launch smoother. MAke sure you get the heavy springs and the slave support as well.

I just did the clutch mod. It was awesome for a couple of days. Now it's back in the shop because my sprocket cover cracked.
I have 16/42 gearing on my bike. I put a welded clutch hub, slave support, and heavy springs. It makes a big difference. It makes the launch smoother. MAke sure you get the heavy springs and the slave support as well.

Ultra clutch mod and all 6 HD springs are in. Small test ride thru the community and it is tight. Gotta have a MAN grip for the clutch, but you know you gotta hold of something now.:laugh:

carpenter put the clutch mod into mine and the only problem i had was my after market levers dont have adjustment so the lever wouldnt come in far enough to work, the result the clutch kept pullin. so i put the stock lever back on and set to 4 its all clutch Now baby

WOW what a diff. Ultra mod with all 6 HD springs....now when you grab the clutch you know you got something there. I had to readjust my Pazzo levers back to #4, the #3 has the lever full against the grips to stop rolling forward. At the trac last night...:thumbsup: much better launching no bog. Got a 1.7 60ft and a bit of air under the front...even thu Im 10inch stretch and a 330 tire.:laugh: Its a big must do if drag racing.

Back