Which Chain

oc357

Registered
I am about to replace the Chain/Sprockets on my 05 and wanted everyones input on what chain to get.

I have 15K street miles on it now, and plan on street riding and taking it to the dragstrip every other weekend during the open season here in TX.

The bike will be mainly stock minus PC3, Pipe, and sprockets.

Thanks for the help.

I have the Titanium Gold 16,000 tensile strenght Sidewinder (strongest chain on the market) and the GB530GXW "Gold" on the shelf. Either would be your weapon of choice....but since your machine will see severe duty from the strip 16K worth of protection is the better way to go.

Ek zvx2 for the guy that's 25% strip/75% street

Ek zzz for the guy that's 50% strip/50% street

Ek drz2 for the guy that's 75% strip/25% street

Pbi or Sprocket Specialities brand Sprocket's are my choice,All in stock ready to ship...

So why not just get the EK chain made for the strip ? Will it not last longer on the street ?

(Warputer @ Jan. 19 2007,07:39) So why not just get the EK chain made for the strip ? Will it not last longer on the street ?
1) cause he rides it mostly on the street

2) drag only chain on long rides require more maintenance as there are no x-rings to hold lube in

(GoldenChild @ Jan. 19 2007,10:55) 2) drag only chain on long rides require more maintenance as there are no x-rings to hold lube in
Thanks for the info......
wink.gif
. Didn't know that .

GoldenChild stayed up pretty late at night answering my questions in pm's.  This guy is awsome and knows his stuff.  Awsome customer service and help for a fellow Busa rider!!  Can't wait to get my chain bro!!
beerchug.gif

(nitrousjunkie @ Jan. 19 2007,11:53) What ever you do,dont buy the ZZZ EK,its a POS!
So far my ZZZ has been fantastic. It has 50+ passes at the strip and about 1000 miles on it.

Back