04 Busa chain

kj217

Registered
i guess my 04 Busa chain has to be replaced,,
my bike is 7" over,, i tried to look for a chain but got confused with too many options and specs,,

what do you guys recommend for my setup?
also,, what sprockets configuration you recommend for street/racing?

thanks,,

Check our sponsors. Several of them will gladly send you exactly what you need. Most go up two in the rear for street/racing.

going down 1 in front compensates 2.75 up in rear right?

i am confused with the terms 525, 530 etc,, whats that?
and links are available in 100, 110, 150 etc,, is that the length?

IMHO you want a 530 for the Busa. From memory the others are rated for liter bikes down. I dealt with Charles at Street and Track for chains and sprockets, but we have several sponsors that should be able to tell you what you need. I would go with changing the rear for two reasons. Going smaller up front causes some binding and premature wear from what I have read and the rear sprocket is super easy and quick to change if you don't like what your bike does. best of luck. 530 EK ZZZ from memory. It's been a while.

thanks for the great help,,
but what would bind/wear if the front sprocket replaced? the transmission?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

thanks for the great help,,
but what would bind/wear if the front sprocket replaced? the transmission?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

As the front sprocket gets smaller (less teeth) the chain has to make a sharper turn around the sprocket. This puts more stress on the chain and tends to cause additional wear on the chain and possibly the front sprocket as well.

i will go for 530 chain and 2+ rear sprocket,,
but how to order the correct length?
how many inches you guys recommend to go over for swing arm?

does the extended arm have anything to do with sprocket combo?
plus two on rear wouldn't be an issue. On a stock bike the wheel base would get a little shorter, but on a 7 over arm like yours it's not gonna matter anyway. An expert will be along to tell you what chain to get. I would PM several of the sponsors, they'll be able to tell you exactly what you need. Never stretched a bike, so I don't know.

Josh from BallZmotorsports
Justin from Honda East
Or
Tim from Pashnit can help answer your questions.
All sponsors here.

i have pm'ed two of them,, none replied,,

i only need recommendation on brand,, JT,, Renthal, Sunstar or Vortex,,

Well it was a holiday weekend and it's just now 10 AM on the East coast here, so give them some time.

My guess ....... 10 links equals a little over 12.5 inches. With a seven inch stretch that's 14 inches. seven on top and seven on bottom. Two up in the rear is going to had to the length. I don't know how much. From memory the stock Busa takes a 112 link chain. So you would need at least 120 link chain to take advantage of the seven inch stretch and more than likely 130 link chain. Please wait for an answer from the sponsors.

On my gen 2 I am sitting about 7 1/2" over and have a 140 link chain. The gen 2s had a longer chain to begin with but I don't remember exact numbers. Is the 7" as far as you can go out or do you have more room?

530 EK ZZZ 150 link . I have an 04 that is stretched about 7"-8" with -1 in front 40 in rear . I've put about 30k on that chain .

So, i'll definitely call / email a sponsor - But until then, generally speaking a 4" stretch will most likely be around 9-10 additional links..? So maybe a 130 chain (assuming the bike came with a 112 standard length) and cut a few links out..? Is it like a bike (bicycle) chain where you can remove links like that..? Thanks for all the info on here guys..!

4 month thread bump. :cheerleader:

img_1404_supersprox.jpg

img_1404_supersprox.jpg

Back