Which Busa is this?

it's 2002....the 2001 had a black mid-pipe with that color scheme, 2002 has a chrome pipe. (looking at the cover of the Manual)
smile.gif

is it blasphemy to completely repaint your busa? Im thinking flat black all the way around.
Nope, not blasphemy. In fact it's sweet to see a busa with a nice, different paint job. Flat black ain't gonna be very different since it's been done before. Seen several pics of different flat black busas around. However, it's yers and if flat black is what you want, go for it. I just can't feel the whole flat paint thing myself. Oh well, different strokes...
biggrin.gif

Good job layin' it out Pacman but you missed one important point on the difference between '01 and '02 bikes bro. In '01 the tail section and hump did not match the "beak" in color. See yer photo of fatjap's ride for an example. In '02 the beak and tail section/hump matched in color. See MikesHardware's original photo for an example.
wink.gif

There may also be some slight differences elsewhere (paint line on the tank?
rock.gif
) but if no paintwork has been done and it's a US bike, the tail section/hump/beak match/mismatch thing is the easiest way to tell.
beerchug.gif
I stand corrected, BT. You're always on the ball, eh, bro?

I always learn a thing or two from ya, bro!! Good on ya!
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Back