Nor-Cal Group Ride Proposal

V-Max 2 Busa

Registered
OK fellas it's been way too long so I'm just gonna throw this out there and see what happens. Keep in mind I'm not the most knowledgable when it comes to Nor Cal's roads but here is what I'm thinking.

Next Saturday Meet up in Sac at approx. 8:00 am and shoot up Interstate 5 to Red Bluff & stop for breakfast. Hit Hwy 36 out of Red Bluff all the way to Hwy 101 and stop for a late lunch in Fortuna, Eureka or Arcata. Maybe from there head up 101 to Crescent City for dinner and lodging. Sunday morning shoot back down 101 and hit 299 from McKinleyville to Redding. From there I'm not sure maybe 44 to Susanville.

We can bump this to the following weekend if necessary, can also alter the route, I'm open for suggestions. Let's get this rolling people. :thumbsup:

Here's one of Tim's pics of Hwy 36, I think this should be memorable.

Img_0913_140sign.jpg

Last edited:
If the seas part for me, Gene, I'd love to participate. I am installing 11 giant windows in my house now (delivered today), have out of town relatives visiting this week and a few other projects going....but I'll still try to make time for it! Let's see if anyone else jumps on this. Doyle

Ordinarily I would be all over this. I was just thinking the other day how I'd like to go on a ride with friends without sponsors or having to pay to go along.

Unfortunately I'm in the process of moving into the new house and wifey ain't gonna let me go anywhere till I get all her shoes moved. :whistle:

Can we do it in September? That's when I'll be free again.

Sorry Gene...................No Can Do. I work Saturdays. Lets just go for a Sunday Ride up towards Reno and Visit Doyle :)

Well keep talking about it you guys, I probably could ride either day. I'll keep cking out this post. Doyle

So were we talking about 24th or the 31st? I am busy the 24th, and I am missing the GP in Monterey too. :cry:

I may not be in for any long distance stuff til the Stampede.

Well keep talking about it you guys, I probably could ride either day. I'll keep cking out this post. Doyle

Wanna Iron Butt it to Wendover Utah Saturdee? 1034 roundtrip (s)miles from Roseville CA. All I 80 slab, sounds fun ehh? I'm sure I'll know the true meaning of Saddle Sore 1000 long before my butt gets home.

Wanna Iron Butt it to Wendover Utah Saturdee? 1034 roundtrip (s)miles from Roseville CA. All I 80 slab, sounds fun ehh? I'm sure I'll know the true meaning of Saddle Sore 1000 long before my butt gets home.

Wow! Take some pics if you can.

Also FYI I-80 Truckee to Boom town has alot of construction.

Have fun ride safe.

Hey Russ...save that Iron Butt stuff for when we hookup on the 11th!! :thumbsup:

Only going to do it once, having second thoughts about doing it at all. The more I think about it the less I want to do it. Most I've done in a day was 775 on the Busa. Hopefully, the C 14 will be more comfy, butt it's gonna be smokin' hot out there.

Pardini, kick the ride aside and get your butt down here for the MotoGP races...only 2 held in the USA a year....it don't get any better than this...Laguna Seca...Monterey...July 23-25...
U can't be serious about missing something like this, can u?

Pardini, kick the ride aside and get your butt down here for the MotoGP races...only 2 held in the USA a year....it don't get any better than this...Laguna Seca...Monterey...July 23-25...
U can't be serious about missing something like this, can u?

Why watch 2 or 3 corners when I can watch the whole thing and be cool and comfortable at the crib? Speed's coverage sucks but the Ride Is On! Just may not be able to sit and watch it after 1034 miles on the Connie.

Back