Where is the mainstream media coverage on these events?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
It only shows either their clear agenda or complete ignorance of reality. I don't recall seeing these on CNN? Don't think Piers Morgan has invited either onto his show so they could explain how their gun was possibly a determining factor in the equation. The msm doesn't want to publicly acknowledge these two people do they? And of they did it was only a side story that lasted ten seconds. Then back to 24/7 gun control bombardment. Nobody here has even mentioned these I don't think?

Two recent gun related events stopped or seriously affected by a lawful gun carrier.

Mall shooting in Clackamas

Man with Concealed Carry Gun May Have Stopped Oregon Shooter

And

Off-duty deputy praised for taking down gunman at Mayan 14 theater | kens5.com San Antonio

As long as they don't have to report on the economy, jobs, and Bengazi ..................... :whistle:

I feel like there is some evil villian in a chair, petting a fluffy cat and controling his news company as he sees fit. He tells em what to report on that serves his purposes. If it makes them money, they'll report it, if not, it goes unknown.

anime-doctor-claw.jpg

anime-doctor-claw.jpg

Because it's borderline vigilante. I'm going to say most people believe themselves as proficient who really are not equipped to handle
such situations.

Because it's borderline vigilante. I'm going to say most people believe themselves as proficient who really are not equipped to handle
such situations.

To listen to the guy talk in video one can tell he knows what he's doing.
The way he handles the pistol as well as his reference to 'indexing' implies knowledge and some training.

To listen to the guy talk in video one can tell he knows what he's doing.
The way he handles the pistol as well as his reference to 'indexing' implies knowledge and some training.

"So listen here, dis feller came in the mall causin' a rukus and Ill tell you what, I dont like me a rukus, No sir. So what I done was get mah wheel gun out case i hadda put em down, see? Well, that boy went clear on over the other side so aught not hadda choot em, Idda done it tho, my cousin neighbor, Jeffrey, he'll tell ya, aint affraida no man."

^Not as credible?:laugh:

I have to agree. Both had training and both handled the situation as best as they could. And in turn caused a more positive outcome than had they not acted.

Good on them!!!!! :beerchug:

the point of the OP is "why are we not seeing these get national attention"? as they are DOCUMENTED cases of "only thing stopping a bad guy with a gun is a good guy/girl with a gun" :rulez:

Man you guys are reaching big time on this one. This is the defining scenario gun people talk about (armed population can stop shooters) and this guy has the dude in his sights and doesn't pull the trigger and then runs and hides? If you are going to carry a gun in public then you better pull that trigger in that situation and you better be able to land a bullet in the center of mass. The gunman saw this guy's weapon trained on him and decided to end the shooting spree? Come on people let's not be stupid.

The news did this guy a favor by not slapping him in front of the story. I bet this guy will put that gun away from now on because he realizes that CCW is a much more serious thing than feeling like a tough guy. At any moment you may be called to make life or death decisions, place your family in danger, be a target for the bad guys, or risk your fortune in a law suit. Carrying a gun in public is a really big responsibility and I bet most who do it don't understand what a big deal it really is.

When you carry a gun you have to also carry an aggressor mentality. That is be on guard, hightened awareness, ready to make a life or death decision while having a beer with a friend or taking your daughter to get ice cream. This is extremely difficult and i would say few have this level of coolness. At least Police officers are on duty and ready for something to happen and their miinds are in aggressor mode. Personally, I just wouldn't want to walk around like that all the time. As I have said before, I'm not sure I would be willing to kill someone even if they were stealing my Busa or robbing my house. I would if they threatened me or my family, but not for a piece of insured metal.

Man you guys are reaching big time on this one. This is the defining scenario gun people talk about (armed population can stop shooters) and this guy has the dude in his sights and doesn't pull the trigger and then runs and hides? If you are going to carry a gun in public then you better pull that trigger in that situation and you better be able to land a bullet in the center of mass. The gunman saw this guy's weapon trained on him and decided to end the shooting spree? Come on people let's not be stupid.

The news did this guy a favor by not slapping him in front of the story. I bet this guy will put that gun away from now on because he realizes that CCW is a much more serious thing than feeling like a tough guy. At any moment you may be called to make life or death decisions, place your family in danger, be a target for the bad guys, or risk your fortune in a law suit. Carrying a gun in public is a really big responsibility and I bet most who do it don't understand what a big deal it really is.

When you carry a gun you have to also carry an aggressor mentality. That is be on guard, hightened awareness, ready to make a life or death decision while having a beer with a friend or taking your daughter to get ice cream. This is extremely difficult and i would say few have this level of coolness. At least Police officers are on duty and ready for something to happen and their miinds are in aggressor mode. Personally, I just wouldn't want to walk around like that all the time. As I have said before, I'm not sure I would be willing to kill someone even if they were stealing my Busa or robbing my house. I would if they threatened me or my family, but not for a piece of insured metal.

Every other post on the gun subject has been wrong:laugh:

BUT

I gotta agree with you on this one, very good points Willie:thumbsup:

Thanks Rooster, and just so you know if you come after my Busa because you think I won't shoot you now, I'll make an exception for you :rofl:

such situations.

Couldnt agree more......:whistle: Just imagine if 5 or 6 guys all had firearms and shots rang out in the mall. They all come running to where they heard the shot, now remember they are not police and have no training or radios to coordinate how to handle this situation. So they all come running and they see other people with weapons drawn. Who's who? Some may shoot 1st then ask questions later, some may say drop your weapon which in turn the other guy might say the same thing....... I'm the good guy, no I'm the good guy. Ok well where's the bad guy?? Oh wait look he has a gun too! :guns: Did we get him? Was he the bad guy?.............

It only shows either their clear agenda or complete ignorance of reality. I don't recall seeing these on CNN? Don't think Piers Morgan has invited either onto his show so they could explain how their gun was possibly a determining factor in the equation. The msm doesn't want to publicly acknowledge these two people do they? And of they did it was only a side story that lasted ten seconds. Then back to 24/7 gun control bombardment. Nobody here has even mentioned these I don't think?

Two recent gun related events stopped or seriously affected by a lawful gun carrier.

Mall shooting in Clackamas

Man with Concealed Carry Gun May Have Stopped Oregon Shooter

And

Off-duty deputy praised for taking down gunman at Mayan 14 theater | kens5.com San Antonio
another fine example of shooting at a paper target isnt the same as shooting at a "Live" human being who can and most likely will shoot back.

based on this kids response id say if he fired his weapon there would have been more then two innocent people dead in that mall with bullets flying everywhere. if you carry ur gun you better be ready to use it or dont carry it at all cause most likely ur gonna make the situation worse not better.

im sure there are some people who go to the range often and are mentally prepared to use their weapon if need be. but, the fact is the majoriy of people who own guns and carry them are not. this kid is one those people.

but, the argument could be made that if the shooter approached him personally he would have the means to defend himself or his girlfriend. would he have the balls to do so without shooting wildly and striking others? I have no idea.

He was under no 'obligation' to engage. He made the decision that he didn't have the clear field of fire, and took a defensive position. You can't say that the gunman didn't react to that, and decide the jig was up and to shoot himself before he got captured (as was his intent in the first place). The meer presence of another gun in the mall was enough for this coward to end it. In the end, you will never know and this is all speculation, but it shouldn't be discounted.

I am under no obligation to protect anyone else but myself or my family. Just because I carry does not make me an 'aggressor' unless I CHOOSE so.

You'd be suprised at the gunghos that come in the military but when the bullets starts flying they cower. Not the same as deer hunting or paper target shooting when bullets are coming your way

As opposed to the cops waiting outside getting organized while shooting still going on. Cops shoot like sht for the most part.

another fine example of shooting at a paper target isnt the same as shooting at a "Live" human being who can and most likely will shoot back.

based on this kids response id say if he fired his weapon there would have been more then two innocent people dead in that mall with bullets flying everywhere. if you carry ur gun you better be ready to use it or dont carry it at all cause most likely ur gonna make the situation worse not better.

im sure there are some people who go to the range often and are mentally prepared to use their weapon if need be. but, the fact is the majoriy of people who own guns and carry them are not. this kid is one those people.

but, the argument could be made that if the shooter approached him personally he would have the means to defend himself or his girlfriend. would he have the balls to do so without shooting wildly and striking others? I have no idea.

I know this guy had a tough decision and no one knows what they will do until that are faced with something like this. If he had shot the guy and the cops arrive in the heat of the battle might have been shot by the cops because of them not knowing who the real shooter was. The media has a one track mind on the gun thing and it would surprise me if you ever see them cover anything that is good for gun control. Like others said I feel the guy had training. I am glad the other guy was shot. I had said this a few times before and will have to say it again. These COWARDS have and always will pray on the week and unprotected. I don't know if I could shoot at someone in a crowd of people but I feel sure if I got close enough to know for sure I would hit him with out hurting someone else I would have no trouble pulling the trigger to protect my love ones and others around me.

As opposed to the cops waiting outside getting organized while shooting still going on. Cops shoot like sht for the most part.
u've been playing too many video games. cops dont wait outside with an active shooter. but if it was a video game you would lose points by waiting outside....:whistle:

cops shoot like sht? based on what?

Back