Where else to look for used bike?

bquinn

Donating Member
Registered
I've been looking every day for months for a used busa and am having some issues. I want this bike to be streetable, but also my weekend drag bike. It does not need to be fully dedicated drag bike, but I want something already setup for the strip so I don't have to put a bunch of money into it. So, that means, stretched, clutch mods, air shifter...etc the norms.

The only places I look are here, ebay, and cycle trader. I really don't want to buy off of ebay either!

So, where else are good places to look that I can find more trust worthy folks?

thanks for the info....this board is awesome!!!!

beerchug.gif

Sh.org, psychobike, cycle trader, traderonline.com. racing junk, dragbike magazine.

That should get ya started!
thumb_up.gif

Food for thought:

Personally, I prefer to buy used bikes unmodified. The ods are, if you buy one that has been modded with drag racing in mind, than it has been raced.

Ps: I'm not sure why your having a hard time finding a streched and slammed busa used. Thats ALL I could find when I looked. (and the asking prices were rediculous) So, I got a brand new one with 0 miles.

And reading some other threads here, getting a new gen1 shouldn't be an issue. Use the $$$ saved for the mods you want.

...and of course, there's always eBay.

Good luck w/that!

I bough mine on craigs list. If somebody is selling their "drag" bike there could be a reason for doing so.

Good luck.

P-

Check the hayabusa forsale section on this board. I'm selling a great 04'Busa cheap with the mods done to it.

thanks for all your replies. I've done some searching on sh.org and pyschobike and saw a few.

As far as buying a used drag bike...I'm not too worried as long as the motor is untouched and no NO2 has been used. It's pretty hard to hurt a busa motor, for the most part. Some guys that just ride them on the street don't take as good of care of their bikes as die hard racers because they know how important it is to keep the bike in tip-top shape.

I'm sure something will come up.

GMBusa. You're bike is super nice, but too much for what I'm wanting. thanks and good luck!

I would buy one not modded and do the mods I want . I think you will find that its cheaper and it won't be beat already !

Add http://sell.dragbike.com/ to the list... Not what you are looking for on there now, but they show up every once in a while.

Like E-racer said, it is going to depend on who you buy from. Some are very detailed and taken care of.....some are just flat abused. No...mine is not for sale.....yet.

Back