Where do all the 600+ hp bike go?

turbojonn

Registered
Is it just me, or does it seem like most of the huge hp bikes end up getting parted out or sold, never to be seen again?

Sounds like it must be you. I've put over 5,000 miles on my Ultra kit (602 RWHP/327 torque) since it was built. I've ridden it every day - back and forth to work, up to Bear Mountain, down to Deals Gap, everywhere!! I've owned (and ridden daily) five turbo street bikes over the years and the Ultra is the not only the most powerful, but it is the best running and fastest street bike I have had in 25 years. . . I would ride it today, but its friggin 20 degrees!

I think most of the big hp bikes are project bikes people build for bragging rights. Once it's built they move on to the next project. Some just build for dyno shoot outs, others are strictly track rats.

Sure there are a few high hp bikes on the street, but they are not real common.

i got 524..does that count??? street ridden too!!!
thumb_up.gif

RCC POWER

Sounds like it must be you.  I've put over 5,000 miles on my Ultra kit (602 RWHP/327 torque) since it was built.  I've ridden it every day - back and forth to work, up to Bear Mountain, down to Deals Gap, everywhere!!  I've owned (and ridden daily) five turbo street bikes over the years and the Ultra is the not only the most powerful, but it is the best running and fastest street bike I have had in 25 years. . . I would ride it today, but its friggin 20 degrees!
How about a pic.

600HP at the rear wheel, I can't even imagine that kind of power or what the ride would be like. Talk about a bat out of hell.
thumb_up.gif

bowdown.gif

i have a 600+ h.p. being dynoed this week (just completed the build). street bike, built for lsr. it will get plenty of street miles.

I think most of the big hp bikes are project bikes people build for bragging rights.  Once it's built they move on to the next project.  Some just build for dyno shoot outs, others are strictly track rats.

Sure there are a few high hp bikes on the street, but they are not real common.
My neighbor built a 03 busa . Put in a big block kit, 12 inch extended swing arm,nitrous, lowered in to 1/2 off the ground custom paint and lots of chrome.If I remember right it Dyno'd at 320hp. Drove it around town for about a month. Hit a low spot and put a hole in the oil pan. Ended up draining the motor of oil before he knew what happened and it locked up.

My neighbor built a 03 busa . Put in a big block kit, 12 inch extended swing arm,nitrous, lowered in to 1/2 off the ground custom paint and lots of chrome.If I remember right it Dyno'd at 320hp. Drove it around town for about a month. Hit a low spot and put a hole in the oil pan. Ended up draining the motor of oil before he knew what happened and it locked up.
Considering that a stock early Hayabusa has a front wheel suspension travel of approximately 4 1/2", and a rear wheel suspension travel of about 5 1/2", I would say that running a 'Busa 1/2" off the ground in the street (with or without a low profile pan) is pretty stupid
boohoo.gif

Your neighbor is lucky he didn't kill himself when his engine oil hit the rear tire!

i have a 600+ h.p. being dynoed this week (just completed the build). street bike, built for lsr. it will get plenty of street miles.
This must be Charlie....

Dave does great work! You've got some very good componenets going into that build!  
beerchug.gif

ken,
ken,
how you doing? i was really fortunate to get daveO to do this build and boy did he do a great job. 636 h.p. and 330 ft. lbs. spinning hard up top on a worn out drum. see you at maxton in april.

Just finished building our long travel sand rail with a turbo in it. It made 470hp going through a reverse box that robs a claimed 23% power. That is about 580hp. DAMN, I am still not worthy!

Back