where can i find......?

OrdyBusa

Registered
ok, so i did a search on here about the axle nut size needed to remove the front wheel. i know it's a 24mm and some of you said that i can get it at sears... i went there today and the biggest they had was a 17mm. i also called some local bike shops and...nothing. i would've thought it came with the bike's tool pouch but no. if any of you live in san diego area then let me know where you guys get this tool. thanks for any info

There is a nut that is for 5/8 inch reddi rod.
It fits right in the swingarm and also fits the front axle.
Put one of these in and a socket on the end and you have the tool.

Attachments

• Axle swingarm tool.bmp
    900.1 KB · Views: 193
Zuki shop should have the front axle removal tool as well, but it will cost a lot more.

You guys are makin' this way too complicated.

Go buy a socket set that's larger sizes. The one I have is a Craftsman (from Sears no less) that's a deep dish 8 piece mm set. Works great for this sort of stuff. And on mine, it's 27mm. Front wheel comes off in seconds.

(This is Gen-I right?)

the reddi rod? not sure what that is. should that tool have come in the tool pouch?

Redi rod is a length of rod that has thread from 1 end to the other.
It does not have a head like a bolt, but you can cut it to length.
It usually comes in 2 or 3 foot lengths.
You do not need the rod, just the coupling nut that would join 2 pieces of redi rod together.

Gen 1 busas are 1999 to 2007.
Gen 2 started in 2008 on

Go buy a socket set that's larger sizes. The one I have is a Craftsman (from Sears no less) that's a deep dish 8 piece mm set. Works great for this sort of stuff. And on mine, it's 27mm. Front wheel comes off in seconds.

(This is Gen-I right?)
I think he is talking about the 24 mm hex (allen) end of the bolt not the end with the nut. I just leave my pinch bolts tight then take off the nut.when putting back on I slide bolt in tighten pinch bolts and then tighten nut to spec.

By the way 99 to 07 is gen 1 and 08 and up is gen 2

my bad he did say nut didn't he.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
I think he is talking about the 24 mm hex (allen) end of the bolt not the end with the nut. I just leave my pinch bolts tight then take off the nut.when putting back on I slide bolt in tighten pinch bolts and then tighten nut to spec.

By the way 99 to 07 is gen 1 and 08 and up is gen 2

my bad he did say nut didn't he.
Posted via Mobile Device

I do it that way too but use the tool just so it won't turn against the pinch bolts.
Yeah you are right, I guess he might be asking where to get a 24 mm socket?

ok, so i did a search on here about the axle nut size needed to remove the front wheel. i know it's a 24mm and some of you said that i can get it at sears... i went there today and the biggest they had was a 17mm. i also called some local bike shops and...nothing. i would've thought it came with the bike's tool pouch but no. if any of you live in san diego area then let me know where you guys get this tool. thanks for any info

Sears and lowe's carries them here. Send me $10 and I'll ship ya one if needed.

(This is Gen-I right?)

I was thinking its a 27mm also.

thanks guys. now i know that mine's a gen 1. and yes, i'm wanting to get the allen wrench but if there's an easier way to do it then that's fine too.

Ah! :whistle:

Actually, I don't think I have removed that (left side sitting on bike) in a long time. Front tire on the busa is so simple, just slide out the axle and gently lower the tire out. Helps to take off the calipers of course. I hang my busa from the garage rafters with tow straps as a precaution in case it falls over when I do that. DAMHIK.

So 24mm alan on left, 27mm socket on right. :thumbsup:

swing by lowes and pickup two 5/8 nuts and a bolt and make your own. same principal as the reddi rod

the lowes thing sounds like a way to go. i think i'll go tommorrow. thanks guys for the advice.....i guess there's always more than one way to skin a cat.

This works...5/8"

100_1241.jpg

Back