suzuki tool for removing rear axle nut

smokingness69

Registered
i was trying to take off the nut on the rear axle the other day and it was stripped...my impact wrench wouldnt even get it off...so i put the nut removing tool from the tool pouch on it and put a 3ft pipe on the handle of the tool so i could get some torque on it...ended up braking the handle off the tool. the damn nut was so stripped it wouldnt budge. finally i had to buy a $20 pull handle to get the damn thing off. i thought for a while the pull handle was going to break also, but the nut finally broke loose. anyway does anyone have an extra wrench that fits the rear axle nut that they want to sell me? just reply or email me how much you want. i need one in case im stuck some where and dont have an impact gun or adjustable wrench handy.

Best bet would be used parts place or online. Many motorcycles use the same size also check wrecked bikes for parts online.

Go to wal-mart and buy the STANLEY socket set that start at 24mm and goes to 36mm mine was on sell for $10 but I believe the normal price is $12 for all 5 sockets. And they have a lifetime warranty.... One question did you REMOVE the carter pin that holds the nut in place???

The Cotter What???
biggrin.gif

Go to wal-mart and buy the STANLEY socket set that start at 24mm and goes to 36mm mine was on sell for $10 but I believe the normal price is $12 for all 5 sockets. And they have a lifetime warranty.... One question did you REMOVE the carter pin that holds the nut in place???
Is that as in "Jimmy"?
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

first of all i didnt have a cotter pin on it b/c ive put in on and off so many times that it broke in half...so ive just been running w/o one. i keep an eye on the nut to make sure it hasnt moved any.....secondly it was so hard to get off b/c i have bolt on swing arm extensions and the way they are made, they bow out when installed. therefore you have to tighten the nut on the axle to bow them back in straight with the rear tire. (dont know if anyone else has that problem but i do) anyway it takes a lot of pressure to turn the nut to get the swing arm straight with the tire so the last time it had to put it on i used an impact gun and unknowingly stripped the nut....so when i went to take it off, it wouldnt budge because it was stripped....thats why it was so hard to come off. also dezzy7, that is a good idea but i want something i can carry in the tool belt instead of having to carry 2 or 3 seperate tools....that way i wont loose anything.

Back