Wheely gone wrong,

His Jacket saved all of his upper body. He only had that rear end damage,
tounge.gif

All things considered it looks pretty good. His back side on the other side.
crazy.gif

okay sportsfans....what are draggin jeans? Is there such a thing or is this another name for leather pants?

How much protection are they? Where does one get them?
How much?

I have three great jackets and leathers, good gloves, good helmet. What about these draggin jeans? Adequate protection? Subpar?

whats the scoop ---from a guy who never wore a helmet until he got a busa?

Babuski they are jeans you can find ads for them in any motorcycle mag in the back. They look like regular jeans I am not sure about how hot they are compared to leather but I believe they are reinforced some how incase you fall off.

Oracle I am not sure how fast I am going (to busy to look down at speedo LOL) but when I come down the front tire has stopped spinning and you get alittle bit of handlebar shake and a small puff of smoke getting it spinning again.

Looks pretty fortunate to me from the crash description. What a waste of a motorcycle...
sad.gif

I read an article where denim, denim + kevlar (Draggin Jeans), and leather where tested to see how far they could be dragged across a road surface before burning through. I can't remember exact numbers, but these are in the ball park. Denim = 5' or less, Denim + Kevlar = 12' to 15' feet, leather = 60' to 70'. The only material that will make a real difference when you really need it is leather.

I believe that is going to leave a mark.

My wife is looking for some draggin jeans for me. I have the leathers, but I get an awful lot of dropped jaws when I go into work fully decked out.

anyone know where it was taken at? i see the joshua tree in the back so im guessing socal somewhere near the desert???

hmm....where did you get those figures, De?
Sorry, I Can't remember exactly where. I'm pretty sure it was in one of the bike magazines. It was at least a year ago that I read it. It makes sense if you think about it. Yeah Kevlar is strong, but one thin layer in the form of a woven fabric is going to protect you when you are sliding across pavement at 60 mph? Now, if you had 10 or 15 layers bonded together in alternating directions I'm sure it would be much more effective. You might not be able to move though.
1zhelp.gif

<!--EDIT|DeWarrior
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079701998 -->

I read the same thing about the Kevlar reinforced jeans, BUT I have seen how they hold up in the real world and they are a far sight better than plain jeans. (Draggin) Recently they have extended the regions where they locate the Kevlar a bit and from first hand experience they do their job pretty well. I look at the draggin jeans much like I look at the Phoenix stuff Joe Rocket has been peddling. They are a hell of a lot better than the jeans and t-shirt we normally ride in but yes they are a compromise. Absolutely. If you want REAL protection in a crash leathers are the ONLY way to go, (OK OK maybe a Roadcrafter suit from Aerostitch) nothing else out there comes close. But, when your sitting in traffic in 95deg weather, with 90 percent humidity tell me leathers are not that hot. You all know I am a safety beeyootch, but sometimes you got to have that balance of practicality and function. I'd feel like a proper tool running to Best Buy to buy a couple DVDs in full leathers, but in a well armored jacket, riding boots, gloves, helmet and jeans, I can pull off just a little bit of a normal look when I am just running errands. So for playing around town, just cruising I am thinking Draggin jeans and a Joe rocket might be the way to go...

Also, in those tests of fabric durability they literally slammed the test piece onto a belt sander and held it there until it wore through. Real world results can vary wildly and folks I have seen hit the ground rarely slide for more than 20-30 feet in one position, generally they ten to flop around some which distributes the abrasions over a wider area. And the Draggin jeans feature Kevlar stitching throughout so unlike the unlucky butt burned bro up above, the draggin jeans should be able to withstand the impact and abrasion without tearing. Leather is the king, but at least there are some decent alternatives...

Rev

Back