Wheels

06busaLE

Registered
Whats up Guys

Everyone knows how flippin heavy stock busa wheels are, so got to change them out , now a buddy has a set of 06gsxr 100 wheels that he is gonna get rid of and i was wondering if they with fit the 06 busa axels with out modification so thats the issues let me know with any answers
Thanks fellow busa owners
deadhorse.gif

Earlier K series wheels are loads lighter. A K2 6 inch rear with sprocket carrier, renthal alloy sprocket, bearngs and a Pirelli Diablo tyre, weighs almost the same as a bare SRAD/TL/Busa wheel without bearings fitted. Hub spacing between the discs are also different between Busa wheels and K3/4 thou' wheels, but the K1/2 320mm discs are the same as Busa/TL/SRAD Whereas the later K series use 310mm discs which aren't interchangable with the earlier wheels. Rear discs are interchangable between the 220mm and 240mm as fitted to the bikes.
(This info supplied by the 200 mph bike club)

So to answer your question, 06 gsxr 1000 rear will fit but the front will not
beerchug.gif

You can use the late style 1k front wheel with the 1k rotors. You need spacers front and rear. The front calipers should be shimmed slightly (to center them up) The rear caliper bracket will need a little machining.

Earlier K series wheels are loads lighter. A K2 6 inch rear with sprocket carrier, renthal alloy sprocket, bearngs and a Pirelli Diablo tyre, weighs almost the same as a bare SRAD/TL/Busa wheel without bearings fitted. Hub spacing between the discs are also different between Busa wheels and K3/4 thou' wheels, but the K1/2 320mm discs are the same as Busa/TL/SRAD Whereas the later K series use 310mm discs which aren't interchangable with the earlier wheels. Rear discs are interchangable between the 220mm and 240mm as fitted to the bikes.
(This info supplied by the 200 mph bike club)

So to answer your question, 06 gsxr 1000 rear will fit but the front will not  
beerchug.gif
300 mm.

bearings are the same but the rotors are different.

if you are just swapping wheels, then you need to swap for 01-04 wheels and keep your stock rotors to swap in k5+ stuff....you pretty much would need to swap the forks also since your rotors would either need to be custom sized or you'd need a custom brake setup

I have:
busa
01-02,03-04, and 05-07 gsxr 1k wheels and rotors here if you need sizes or comparisons.

I also have 03-04 and 06 gsxr 11k forks here if you need comparison, measurements or specs.

you can swap them out you just have to run the 1000 disc with some shims on the front

PM Gixerhp... he has all the lowdown on this and has been putting a conversion kit together...

Back