Wheel enhancement

Barrybusa

Registered
Just spent the last 3 hours laid on the deck and getting sore fingers removing paint from rear wheel rims using different grades of wet and dray emery paper..still lot of hard work ahead but is going to be well rewarded..have seen finished job on pals bike and it looks ace at very low cost..will send in pic when completed..Barry
aktion033.gif

I removed the paint in around 15 minutes to reveal a beautiful shine. I used aircraft paint stripper bought at your local autozone. Go get it and try it out.
aktion033.gif

barry busa...does that leave a shine? or do u still have to polish it after u get that far?
have any pictures of ur rim? prefiribly on bike pics
but either on or off is cool

lookaround.gif
Did you guys do the whole rim including spokes or just the outer rim? There was a guy who laid it all out step by step with photos and all at www.hayabusacentral.com but I cant reach the site anymore. He used aircraft paint remover and polished to a higher shine after. But outside edge of rim only.

00193971201.jpg

Hi there guys..fraid I went the hard way and spent about 12 hours rubbing my fingers sore..but has been well worth it,have gone to the turning ledge just before the spokes..just need to get some solvol autosol polish to finish job off..but looks good already..paint stripper sounds nice and easy but was bit nervous of damage to tyres.

Ride fast and safe.....Barry
smile.gif

Hi Guys ..been hard work but gets better after each polish..managed to catch a bit of sunshine so heres a couple of pics..has been worth the pain and left me feeling quite chuffed with myself..I think maybe the cans next..
ride fast and safe......Barry

MVC_749F.JPG

Nice shots Barry! And love that red bike looks like the one in my garage... Aloha
thumbs-up.gif

If stripper doesn't work use oven cleaner.I know it sounds weird but it works great! If you can heat up the part first it even works better. I did my swingarm today and it looks good.

aktion035.gif
Thanks for compliments guys....Just finished polishing my cans..used orbital sander with fine emery disc first to remove the machineing ribs and take down to flat metal..taking care not to create any flat spots...and then spent hours on the buffing wheel..am really chuffed with finnished job..will send pics soon..
all the best.....Barry

Ride fast and Safe.

Back