Wheel Cleaning

(runeight @ Sep. 12 2006,20:39) WD40
+1 and a throw away rag...
smile.gif

As for the whole bike itself...

HONDA PRO CLEANER

Melts any grim at ease and after a quick buffing with a clean cloth, leaves a nice polished and protected finish, unlike the WD40...

If you're wheels are kept clean you just have brake dust on em that hasn't gotten wet? Just use a small california car duster. Should take about 2 minutes a wheel.

No Foolin. Even if they have been wet, so long as they are dry now the car duster will usually pick up all the brake dust in a snap. all the sprays and stuff are just over kill unless you've got alot of slop on em'.

(Revlis @ Oct. 04 2006,12:40) If you're wheels are kept clean you just have brake dust on em that hasn't gotten wet?  Just use a small california car duster.  Should take about 2 minutes a wheel.

No Foolin.  Even if they have been wet, so long as they are dry now the car duster will usually pick up all the brake dust in a snap.  all the sprays and stuff are just over kill unless you've got alot of slop on em'.
i've tried the cali duster, but i do get some heavy road grime. the armor all does shine up my black wheels pretty nice.

Do yourself a favor and use WD-40 and paper towels (you'll be throwing whatever you use to apply in the trash).

WD-40 is a cleaning lubricant it doesn't leave a dry streaky chemical finish and can be used throughout the household for other jobs as well.

MY wheels need cleaning after every long ride (brake and road dust) or if ridden through water on the streets and after cleaning and lubing the chain...soap and water is not going to remove chain wax/lube from the rims and underside of tail section.

Simple green and my pressure washer do a real good job 4 me. I use the old fashioned liquid chain lube and brush method so i get oil slung everywhere. No chain problems though!

(MoosesBusa @ Oct. 12 2006,19:23) Simple green and my pressure washer do a real good job 4 me. I use the old fashioned liquid chain lube and brush method so i get oil slung everywhere. No chain problems though!
I’m afraid of the pressure washer forcing water into place that it shouldn’t.

(grabntwist @ Sep. 23 2006,04:07) Whadya think these suckers are like to clean? Nothing but a rag some honda polish (yes I have 2 cases) and time. It takes me about 1/2 hour per rim. Thats 1hr for the wheels and about an hour for the rest of the bike. It gets cleaned after EVERY ride.

Busted knuckles and man hands included.
You, sir, are a maniac.
eek2.gif

But that machine looks sweet.

honda pro all the way, for the whole bike. simple green and water once a month to get into the hard to reach places around frankenstien bolts, front fender bolts etc.

Back