Wheel Bearings??

tedbiele

Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!&quot
Donating Member
Registered
I am switching out my stock wheels for my Marchesini's this week.

Do my wheel bearings for the stock wheels fit the Marchesini's or do I have to get a new set?

You have to do nothing but bolt up your new wheels...The bearings come with the wheels, and they are much better than stock. I dont think the stock bearings will work, but I didnt try. The difference between the old and new bearings are unreal when I spin the new wheels while on the stands.

What model you go with? Im loving mine, and saved a ton of weight...some people say only a few pounds but when I pick up stock compared to my new wheels/tires - feels very big difference.  
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

EDIT----DUH ---I thought you went with CZ's, I have no clue with the wheels you got...call the person you got them from and get details.

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138663936 -->

smile.gif

smile.gif

you'd never want to re-use bearings. If yer lucky enuff to get them out without damaging them,the stock ones are crap anyway.

If you need some new ones,get some good aftermarket ones,sealed both sides. Pull the seals out,removed the cheap factory grease and put in some new stuff. Fill only half way,you dont want to blow the seals off.

RSD.

How often should you replace the bearings?
in most motor vehicle applications you dont change 'em out untill you hear them failing.

But if a guy was doings some chrome on the wheels or swingarm...why not just replace them then.

It comes down to miles on them,abuse,care,climate,etc.

I pulled a big wheelie,came down out of it hard...and I think that contributed to the failure of one of my front wheel bearings once.

RSD.

I guess I should have stated that - is it the stock size is all.
I don't plan to use old bearings - but i was more or less just asking are they the same size is all.

<!--EDIT|tedbiele
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138684742 -->

Back