What's the one thing you wish you knew, but don't?

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

(I just had one of my students develop this hypothesis as an evolutionary/ origin of life debate we had in class.. very entertaining.. but still no answer)

That's an easy one.

The egg came first.
Reptiles lay eggs.
The fossil record shows that birds evolved from reptiles.

Panda that point did arise in the debate.. these students of mine are GENIUSES this year!! But there is still a large gap between Primordial SOUP and Dinosaurs... if you know what I mean...

Jules, the question you should be asking is "How do you make babies sleep thru the night?"....

Jules, the question you should be asking is "How do you make babies sleep thru the night?"....

Thanks... I think I figured it out.. I have kept a very high maintenance English Bulldog alive for 10 years... Benadryl... :laugh:

Yeah I'm gonna be a horrible mommy..

If anyone finds out the answer to this, please let me know as well. :banghead:

I'm not kidding, rum will work :p OK, I am kidding...

With both of my boys, I opted to put cereal in their bottles starting at 2 and 3 weeks old. Oh yeah, every pediatrician I know would hate that, but that's why I opted to deal with my family doctor that I'd had for years, and he said it was OK if I felt it was OK...that did help my sons sleep better through the night; only reason they wake is because those little boogers are hungry every 2 hrs :laugh: But, to each his/her own...what worked for me may not work for anyone else.

I'm not kidding, rum will work :p OK, I am kidding...

With both of my boys, I opted to put cereal in their bottles starting at 2 and 3 weeks old. Oh yeah, every pediatrician I know would hate that, but that's why I opted to deal with my family doctor that I'd had for years, and he said it was OK if I felt it was OK...that did help my sons sleep better through the night; only reason they wake is because those little boogers are hungry every 2 hrs :laugh: But, to each his/her own...what worked for me may not work for anyone else.

Jeez my child is 11 and she still doesn't normally sleep an entire night...

Back