What's next?

Can we just move away from all this "hey, check this out" kinda BS? If you don't have something good to talk about here, leave it for out there.

Americans finding OUR flag offensive is not BS. No offense, but if you don't like it don't read it. It's clearly displayed in the link what's it about. :moon:

Yeah, your right J'man. I just hate to see the org turning into a sandbox and all the little children playin' "nanny nanny boo boo".

I agree with the ridiculousness of most all the crap flung against honor, respect, and brotherhood, it's just that what good really comes from pointing out this kind of stuff? I mean if we really want to spend the energy doing something about it then take action...and I don't mean kicking somebodies butt. The government of our land can still be influenced by people who value the principles our country was founded on. It just takes time and effort to sit down and right state representatives and congress people, promote organized opposition standing up for the right kind of freedoms and demonstrating the right kinds of patriotisms. It just doesn't give our efforts much value if all we do is point out the problems and not work on solutions. Not really offended, bro, just tired....

Yeah, your right J'man. I just hate to see the org turning into a sandbox and all the little children playin' "nanny nanny boo boo".

I agree with the ridiculousness of most all the crap flung against honor, respect, and brotherhood, it's just that what good really comes from pointing out this kind of stuff? I mean if we really want to spend the energy doing something about it then take action...and I don't mean kicking somebodies butt. The government of our land can still be influenced by people who value the principles our country was founded on. It just takes time and effort to sit down and right state representatives and congress people, promote organized opposition standing up for the right kind of freedoms and demonstrating the right kinds of patriotisms. It just doesn't give our efforts much value if all we do is point out the problems and not work on solutions. Not really offended, bro, just tired....

I understand, but part of the action is bringing this type of crap out in the open so that everyone can see it. Hopefully the more people see this stuff the more they will reach that point to say enough is enough and begin taking actions as you outlined above. It concerns me, because it seems like we are seeing this kind of stuff more and more rather than just a freak incident. Trust me I stay in contact with my representatives when it's political, but this isn't political.

Last edited:
"Hopefully the more people see this stuff the more they will reach that point to say enough is enough and begin taking actions as you outlined above. "

Okay....

"Trust me I stay in contact with my representatives when it's political, but this isn't political. "

Not quite sure this makes sense. If your calling attention to this so people can do something about it but it's not political, then what is your point? I'm thinking there's a little more to being responsible citizens than just pointing out the ails of our land, especially when this just seems to get other people riled up to point out something else that's sickening about our country.

As a country, if we ever needed wisdom to deal with the issues we need it now. These things are so much bigger than we are and it will take someone a whole lot bigger than us to bring us back around to what we should be about. For now, I think we should be about :please:....

That is ridiculous!! The co-worker that complained immigrated from Africa 14 years ago. The minute she tried to put something from her country in the office; I would point at it and say "that is offensive".

I would think the hospital has some sort of guidelines for what is offensive. Otherwise you have this kind of silliness.
Posted via Mobile Device

im going to say something.....

the issue was the size of the flag. she was sharing an office with either 2 or 3 other ppl. could possibly be a very cramped space and bringing a large flag could annoy some people as it might get in the way. a smaller flag that could sit on her desk might have been a better idea.

that also makes me think about hypersensitivity in the corporate workplace. complete BS if you ask me. i understand that some things that people do might infringe upon others' beliefs or ideals. we are all different and its bound to happen, but to whine to "daddy" for every little thing, someone else does, that you might not agree with or like is just pathetic.

tolerance people...

3' by 5' is a LITTLE extreme for a desk in an office of...what was it? 5. Come on lady..I love America too! Put a small flag on your desk! That IS rediculous.

I'll bet some bad cops made her take it down. Just kidding, just kidding :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

That is ridiculous!! The co-worker that complained immigrated from Africa 14 years ago. The minute she tried to put something from her country in the office; I would point at it and say "that is offensive".

You couldnt do that. You'd be labelled a racist.

I may be insane but I enjoy posts that contain news worthy information. I spend way more time on the .org than any news channel or website. After watching the weather to see if I'm gonna get soaked on the way to work I'm done with it.

"McLucas said one of her colleagues, a woman who immigrated to the United States from Africa 14 years ago, complained about the flag to upper management, and the hospital decided to take down the flag."

If she found the flag offensive than she needs to go back where she came from. I do agree that the size of the flag was a little too much. The co-worker could have talked to the lady and asked maybe if she could hang a smaller one up. I hate people who go to management instead of talking to the person first. A perfect display of *****assidness

"McLucas said one of her colleagues, a woman who immigrated to the United States from Africa 14 years ago, complained about the flag to upper management, and the hospital decided to take down the flag."

If she found the flag offensive than she needs to go back where she came from. I do agree that the size of the flag was a little too much. The co-worker could have talked to the lady and asked maybe if she could hang a smaller one up. I hate people who go to management instead of talking to the person first. A perfect display of *****assidness

It is just as bad when management makes a knee-jerk reaction to something.

HEY TEXANS! WHAT THE HELL I FIGURED YOUR PEOPLE HAD A LITTLE MORE BALLS? :laugh:

"Don't Mess with Texas" - Unless you want an American flag removed from someones cube because you find it offensive. Then we will cave in like a Frenchman.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound like the size of the flag was the real issue. If so, why was she "told that there had been multiple complaints, that people found the flag very offensive and it had been taken down,"? If folks were complaining about the size, seems to me that she would have been informed that it was too big rather than "offensive".

As far as a 14 year immigrant complaining about the flag, SCREW HER!!! If she's got a problem with the flag, let her go to country where that has a flag she likes. Nobody asked here her but we've obviously welcomed here to the country and now she's got a problem with the flag? Get in or get out, your choice, but don't try to change the radio station!!!

You can legislate this kind of crap all ya want, but the reality here is that the actual people in control of the situation at the site (the lady's supervisor, the governing body of the hospital, etc.) should've defended the flag THEN and THERE, rather than acquiescing to the whim of an ignorant and unappreciative minority.

Wanna a better country? Make it so in your heart first, your family second and then in your community. Wanna let this country become the same as the countries that our immigrants ran away from, just keep letting this kind of crap persist by keeping quiet and waiting for the government to legislate with morality and decency...well, we'll be the immigrants headed to Mexico soon enough.

FYI: I have NOTHING against good folks from any place on the planet coming to this country to be part of our national "family", but I cannot and will not abide interlopers that choose to come here with the idea that they can turn it into where the came from rather than accepting this country for what it is. If I moved to another country, I would expect to learn that countries language and culture and abide by the same. I would certainly retain my heritage IN MY OWN HOME, but I would have no expectation that my new country would cater to me (and EVERY other immigrant from across the globe) by changing the national language, burning their old flag in favor of my own design and providing me with unlimited leeway through "politcal correctness" while tying the hands and gagging the native citizens. All good folks are welcome that doesn't make the country play dough for their molding.

As the old addage goes, "Love it or leave it!"

Doesn't sound like the size of the flag was the real issue. If so, why was she "told that there had been multiple complaints, that people found the flag very offensive and it had been taken down,"? If folks were complaining about the size, seems to me that she would have been informed that it was too big rather than "offensive".

As far as a 14 year immigrant complaining about the flag, SCREW HER!!! If she's got a problem with the flag, let her go to country where that has a flag she likes. Nobody asked here her but we've obviously welcomed here to the country and now she's got a problem with the flag? Get in or get out, your choice, but don't try to change the radio station!!!

You can legislate this kind of crap all ya want, but the reality here is that the actual people in control of the situation at the site (the lady's supervisor, the governing body of the hospital, etc.) should've defended the flag THEN and THERE, rather than acquiescing to the whim of an ignorant and unappreciative minority.

Wanna a better country? Make it so in your heart first, your family second and then in your community. Wanna let this country become the same as the countries that our immigrants ran away from, just keep letting this kind of crap persist by keeping quiet and waiting for the government to legislate with morality and decency...well, we'll be the immigrants headed to Mexico soon enough.

FYI: I have NOTHING against good folks from any place on the planet coming to this country to be part of our national "family", but I cannot and will not abide interlopers that choose to come here with the idea that they can turn it into where the came from rather than accepting this country for what it is. If I moved to another country, I would expect to learn that countries language and culture and abide by the same. I would certainly retain my heritage IN MY OWN HOME, but I would have no expectation that my new country would cater to me (and EVERY other immigrant from across the globe) by changing the national language, burning their old flag in favor of my own design and providing me with unlimited leeway through "politcal correctness" while tying the hands and gagging the native citizens. All good folks are welcome that doesn't make the country play dough for their molding.

As the old addage goes, "Love it or leave it!"

Ya I am with you on this one. I would really like to know what she found offensive.

If it only takes one complaint, I would say anyone or anything that I didn't like would be offensive.

Back