What's it take to run 200

jerry chabino

Registered
Guys I have a 2007 stock Busa.I would like to run it at El Mirage or Bonneville and break 200 mph. I just want to do it once or twice. What mods do you all suggest. ? Sure appreciate your advice.

Regards,

Jerry

18 tooth front sprocket and 38 rear, GI Pro w/ ATRE, something to give more horsepower (turbo, big bore kit, supercharger), lose as much weight as you can afford on the bike ($) and also yourself (lbs.) if you aren't already considered slender...i believe this should get you over 200 mph
beerchug.gif

keep in mind that both venues are like trying to do this on a dirt road.. you have to overgear by about 15% or so depending on your weight etc. (tire slippage) props to anyone doing 200 at these places...

There is a paved mile run (forget the place,never been there) but that might be a good place to start first..(a lot easier and safer)

18 tooth front sprocket and 38 rear, GI Pro w/ ATRE, something to give more horsepower (turbo, big bore kit, supercharger), lose as much weight as you can afford on the bike ($) and also yourself (lbs.) if you aren't already considered slender...i believe this should get you over 200 mph
beerchug.gif
You need about 200rwhp with that gearing and you should get it .

Aerodynamics. Make sure nothing on you or your bike is messing up that airflow.

--Wag--

I agree with others that it's easier on pavement like Maxton or Goliad (N.C. or T.X.). Elmirage and Bonneville both have low friction coefficients so you need more gear and more weight.

Better aero's means less thrust is needed and less thrust means less weight is needed on the drive wheel...

A well setup turbo system will get your over 200mph pretty easily.

Back