Whats involved in swapping or removing the gas tank ?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Sorry didnt want this question to get lost in my other thread.

So , the fuel pump is in the tank correct ?
Other than removing the obvious nut and bolts to take tank off how do you remove/swap fuel pump in tank ?
Are there any other tricks/tips or pitfalls I need to watch out for when swapping a new tank for the dinged up one ?

Thanks

Fuel pump is 6 alan bolts only to get off. Little tricket to get out cause you have to angle it but its easy. 10 minute job max :thumbsup:

Its a tiny bit tricky because of the fuel guage sensor but like it said you just angle it and play with it a little bit and its easy

Last edited:
Fuel pump is 6 alan bolts only to get off. Little tricket to get out cause you have to angle it but its easy. 10 minute job max :thumbsup:

Its a tiny bit tricky because of the fuel guage sensor but like it said you just angle it and play with it a little bit and its easy

Ok so just simple take your time obvious things.
Nothing hidden that someone who hasnt done it may screw up ?

Nope just the six alan bolts you will see holding the pump in! My first time taking it off wasnt hard at all so you should have no problem at all

Ok but now obvious assumption is I must drain tank first so gas doesnt pour out all over the place when fooling with fuel pump ?

Do I get a Duh for that ???

Ok but now obvious assumption is I must drain tank first so gas doesnt pour out all over the place when fooling with fuel pump ?

Do I get a Duh for that ???

I cant say what i want to in public forum! LOL:whistle:

I cant say what i want to in public forum! LOL:whistle:

I know I know...Heres a pic of me for you ....
Dunce-hat.jpg

You could pull the fuel line, run 12v to the pump and run a hose from the pump to a gas can (not in that order of course :laugh: ). That's how we do it when we pull fuel tanks at work.

Back