What's Garmin Thinking?

I appreciate the BT capabilities but I am going to need to spend some more cash on a BT receiver for my Big Ears, I love the fit and I use them almost everyday.

I have seen these little BT receivers that fit in your pocket but that way I am not "connected" to the bike with any cords.

Noticed this also w/ the 550. Then I ran accross the Garmin 2820 Streetpilot. Seems to have all the options outside of stereo (I think). Only downside, it has to be hard wired. Any users of this model out there?
StreetPilot
About to pull the trigger on this model as I can live w/ hardwiring to bike. One year warranty on a refurbished model.

I have a Zumo 550 that slips from its motorcycle mount into its car mount just fine. The XM antenna goes from my tank bag to the top of the truck dashboard. The suction cup mount went with me to my East Coast vacation and went into my rental car perfectly.
I bought a house plug from Garmin and with ear buds, even listen to XM in bed! When on motorcycle tours, I also bring the unit into my motel room and program in the next days route. It's hard to find fault with that kind of versatility! Raydog

P1010491.JPG

One thing all the manufacturers need to realize: put a real ON-OFF switch on these things. No charging, no nothing ... just ON and OFF.

Thanks for the recommendations man,

BTW, I like your ventura setup there. And the Muzzy.

Thanks, the great things about the Ventura luggage...doesn't visually break up lines of bike, doesn't touch any paint, big capacity, removes easily for motels AND don't even know its there when riding hard. Oh yeah, one more thing...I actually carry the hump in it so when I get to my destination, all the luggage stays in the cabin/motel/friends house so the bike resumes it's sporty look for day rides! Raydog

Last edited:
Back