Whatcha think?

Like PacB, I would probably do everything I could to fix her up but maybe just keep doing it over time. If that '01 is a legit deal it might be too good to pass up. Have something to ride on and keep working on the wrecked bike. Decisions, decisions!

If you want it the easy way, buy used.

If you like to rebuild, then rebuild.

Thanx Jim...

Here's the latest... First my bike stripped down

Front rim scratches, fender, axle nut ...

busa_parts_002.jpg

Old covers.

I was surprised too other than motor oil all liquids are still held, coolant, brake & clutch res.

busa_parts_028.jpg

Now I also checked out the 01 model today, 216 actual miles, but very dirty a number of scratches that most may buff out after much detailing... Looks like oil was never changed, last reg tag was 2003. It started right up and cans smelled new.

Copy_of_busa_parts_031.jpg

Kinda wierd, we drove way up in the boonies about an hr from my house. Kid of a poor county and we come up to this guyz awesome 5000 sq ft home, the garage has a BMW M5, a full custom show Chevy pickup and a Hummer, and a Harley Fat Boy and a busa... the busa was by far the dirtyest and least cared for... from the looks of the rear tire someone had been doing burn outs at some point.

busa_parts_034.jpg

The hump and grap bar were on the garage floor all knicked up... and looks like at some point someone had done a lame job of trying to wax the plastics. Chain was very dry.

But still it only has 216 miles on her and the gas tank was clean and see what happens - Whatcha tink mon?

Copy_of_busa_parts_033.jpg

I still cant believe how dirty it was... oh and the title is lost. It came to him as part of his brothers estate, so tomorrow I got to hit it to the DMV and see whats up...

Check his H2 license plate... sheesh!
blush.gif

Rebuild it if you like doing your own wrenching. Fairing and painting $1.5-2k. Rim $150, misc parts $1-50. Exhaust can get pipes from a salvage yard anf buff em out.
Parting out frame will get $1.5-2k, Auto kit the engine will get $2-3k. Dash $200, Swingarm $10
biggrin.gif

I'd buy a used one, and part out the olde one.
I'm suspicious of a bike with no title or paperwork.

You've got mail

buy the used one, then pick away at the wrecked one, theres lots of parts for sale on here and on ebay. or maybe turn it into a straight line bike?

My recommendation is "Stay away from that busa"! Something smells really funny! I wouldn't pay $7,500 for a stock 01 when you can add $2K and get yourself a brand new one with warranty! Just don't make sense?

No title?
Mileage Suspicious?
Tire trashed?
Licensed in 03 but still only 200 miles?
Way to many ? to suit me!

Buy yourself a new one!

Kent, I sold my '01 for 7500, with 2200 miles on her, but she was PERFECT, with yosh slips, topgun tail, and icemann led's. Price seems high for a bike that's seen little love in it's short life......I'm bettin you could find better used ones for the same $$, with some nice mods, or just go another 2k and get a fresh one.
Here's what 7500 in used busa SHOULD look like......

rightsidenight.JPG

I'm with Tim on this one Kent. If you decide to go the used route, $7500.00 should be able to get you a primo quality piece with some mods already finished. You just have to do a little research to find the right one. Don't get anxious and jump on something you might regret.
smile.gif
Bob

I would kind of like to see you do the rebuild...I don't think it would cost as much as some of the numbers being thrown out...Here recently there was a set of plastics a member was trying to give away...The miles on the other bike could be suspect alot of owners will disconnect the cable so that the miles will not run up...If I were going to spend 7.5k on a used bike it would have to offer alot more than being stock...  
evil.gif

<!--EDIT|STUNNAH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107887049 -->

Back