Whatcha think?

I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon for a minute. At first I agreed with Blue Streak, but now I'm gonna give some agreement to what Stunnahman said. From what I've seen on ebay as of late... a complete rebuild is probably not all that far-fetched. Since your frame is still straight and not cracked, and no other fluids are leaking from the engine case, I think you've got a pretty solid foundation for a rebuild. Just the other day I got beat out of a set of gold colored forks from an '04 Busa for $199.
mad.gif
I'm still pissed about that one...

Thanx guyz, I am gonna toss $5K at him and see what he says... I wont buy unless title is in hand at DMV.

Miles seem legit as even the exhaust smelled new as it was warming, guages were dusty but under neath was clean not much road dirt or gravel nicks ...

thanx Chaz, I am still lookin at about $2500 $3000+ for a rebuild and the work of puttin it together and may still not like how she turns out if I find a vibration ... I was fully ready to rebuild but I am kinda likin the new/used idea now.

Dang, either way this is going to be a sweet deal for Bro. You figure you could make some descent ends with your other Busa too. All is well , eh?

My recommendation is "Stay away from that busa"! Something smells really funny! I wouldn't pay $7,500 for a stock 01 when you can add $2K and get yourself a brand new one with warranty! Just don't make sense?

No title?
Mileage Suspicious?
Tire trashed?
Licensed in 03 but still only 200 miles?
Way to many ? to suit me!

Buy yourself a new one!
Hmmm.... something is certainly not in place with that bike Hawaibusa!!!
Time to tread carefully!!
rock.gif

Way to many clues to tell that its a battered Busa

After checkin with you guyz, I decided to offer him $5k today, he said " I'be be losin $4000! So I said the best I could do would be $5500.

NADA book on the bike is $4600-about $7K with Back Tax of $440 + tranfer fee and sales tax about $800 more than sales price, I'd have to pass.

Thanx for your suggestions and comments guyz. Keep the faith -
wink.gif

it would be nice to rebuild it.... but seeing as how it always seems to nickel and dime ya to death I would just go with something different.

After checkin with you guyz, I decided to offer him $5k today, he said " I'be be losin $4000! So I said the best I could do would be $5500.

NADA book on the bike is $4600-about $7K  with Back Tax of $440 + tranfer fee and sales tax about $800 more than sales price, I'd have to pass.

Thanx for your suggestions and comments guyz. Keep the faith -
wink.gif
is it safe to assume you didn't get it?
rock.gif

I would kind of like to see you do the rebuild...I don't think it would cost as much as some of the numbers being thrown out...Here recently there was a set of plastics a member was trying to give away...The miles on the other bike could be suspect alot of owners will disconnect the cable so that the miles will not run up...If I were going to spend 7.5k on a used bike it would have to offer alot more than being stock...  
evil.gif
This sounds like good advice!!!!!

Back