Whatcha think?

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, I am gettin close to havin a busa again ( as I smashed my baby back in sept. )

2000 Busa with 20K miles

I was fully planning to rebuild and it's gonna take about $2500 - $3K or so...
Now today I came across a 2001 model only 30 minutes from here with only 196 miles on it and it seems to be legit. ( Guy's brother got it new, rode 1 month and got sick with cancer and died... )
Price : $7500

NADA prices 01 models at $4600-$6900
KBB.com has 01 models listed at $4900-$7100

But Cycletrader has em at $7000 - $8500 or more with lots of miles.

Also if I do buy a used one whats the damaged 2000 model worth? All plastics are gonners, bent rims, Clutch cover cracked... frame & forks are straight and engine seems solid.

Whatcha think?
rock.gif
1zhelp.gif

I think you would save yourself alot of trouble if you just buy another bike.

Does your bike still have a clean title, or was it reported to the insurance company and is salvaged? If you still have a clean title your bike is worth atleast $3500 in parts. If its salvage its worth about $2000-$2500.

<!--EDIT|Blue Streak
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107755736 -->

No report, even the cops never showed up I own the bike and insurance was liability only so it's all good... sorta
smile.gif

Its all stripped down now, no plastics or tank everything else is in place.

wreck_day_019.jpg

If you have the time you should part the bike out instead of selling it as a whole. The clean frame is worth $2000 and the motor you should be able to get $1200-$1500 for if it will still run, even if it doesn't you could tear the motor down and sell the cases, head, crank, cams, ect. and still get around that. Then sell the forks, T-bodies, wiring harness, brakes, rotors, radiator, ect. and you would be money ahead.
smile.gif

i say part it out and buy the used...that way when the new one comes out you wont feel bad droppin 12k in a bike that you have to sell for a 3-4k loss, in order to owan a new busa

Lets put it this way last year I parted an 00 busa that had spun a rod bearing and chewed the crank up some, other than that it was in great shape. I got around $8500 out of the parts. So I think it would be well worth your time to part the bike. If you lived on the East coast I would buy it for $3500 today.
tounge.gif

Hell man your pipes dont look to bad..thats 400 bucks right their. NOt to mention the thread on your tires. you could sell those. and if your rims hold air cha ching another sell. man you should reall think about parting it out

I think you should go for the 2001 with the low milage on it. The price seems ok to me
rock.gif

Sounds like a good deal, K....buying used may not exactly be a bad thing. You could part out 'Ol Red and use the $$$ to mod the '01.

Or, you could slowly rebuild Red and have a second bike to tool around on.

Or....and I don't mean to sound like a vulture....you could sell some stuff to me. I could use em.
wink.gif

Me personally? I would hate to part out out my baby....I'd probably die trying to get her back up and running before I conceded to parting her out. But that's just me....
smile.gif

If you buy that 01 and part your one you wrecked, you will be on the road sooner...

Part out the wreck and buy another bike. The '01 is worth the high price if the mileage is legit, but you can buy a newer model for the same money if you look around. 196 miles though- that's brand new.

Hey Kent, I'm thinking exactly like Blue Streak (that's scary...
rock.gif
). I would say just part the bike out and buy the Busa for $7500. It's basically a brand new bike, so to me $7500 is not out of the question. Although I would probably try to talk the guy down to $7000. Whatever you decide dude, I support ya.
laugh.gif
Not financially, but you've got my FULL moral support...
biggrin.gif

hey Kent I have a complete parts break down with prices from my wreck(all $22,500 worth).  If you need to know how much the parts go for new let me know and I can fax you a copy if you want.   Go for new as long as it's got a clear title.

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107800987 -->

Back