What you can't do.

newman

Registered
Just read about the guy and the American flag in another thread. Here in England we've had a few crazy thing as well.
One world cup year (football) we were not allowed to fly the Union Jack, the flag supposedly has a bad name because of the British national party a bunch of racist swines and the police asked people to take them down, whilst opposite my house they were flying the Nigerian flag out of the window and other Nations flags were everywhere.
A woman was made to take her china pigs out of her window because they were insulting to certain people who walked by.
Tesco supermarket got a complaint because they had a pig printed their on their till receipts, they took them off as well.
Changing the name of Christmas to Winter festival in some places.
MPs not sending festive Christmas cards in case it offends anybody.
A lot of this is so as not to offend Muslims, but as Muslims in this country say they are more offended by these actions because they are a load of rubbish and politicians are trying to think for them and they don't agree at all.
I just don't know why people just can't live together and not complain about petty stuff.
And now you are allowed to swear at the police and not get arrested I can see a lot of trouble coming out of this one. Ok semi rant over.

thats nutzo, thought for sure of all places the UK would maintain Christmas over winter holiday....and the flag bit sorta surprises me too since England spent most of the past century trying to get it to fly everywhere in the world :whistle::laugh:

In the U.S., one can't withdraw $10,000 cash from their bank account without the bank reporting it to the IRS.

Back