What year gen 1 to buy?

Rod knock gets expensive real fast!

is the comment about 05LE made faster true or just poster opinion? this is the first ive heard of anything like that... though ive always known that 06LE was the fastest gen 1..

Everyone thinks theirs is the fastest. :rofl:

They are all fast - but it really depends on the rider.

I really disagree - 06LE IS THE FASTEST. Just look at it. Thats how you know... plus I put on all the vendor stickers which are worth an extra 3-5HP each - dyno proven of course.

Rod knock gets expensive real fast!

is the comment about 05LE made faster true or just poster opinion? this is the first ive heard of anything like that... though ive always known that 06LE was the fastest gen 1..
Ken was joking but yes the '05 and '08 gunmetal bikes are faster :laugh: and he neglected to mention the '06 on PASS switch add that I use to beg dumbazzes not to turn in front of me or pull out on me with :rofl:

Well I guess the search is over !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't get too excited. I picked up a.......................hold on.....................wait a min.....................2008......................ZX-14

Couldn't pass it up, $2100 but it has a rod knock. 15,xxx mile's. Sorry guy's and girl's, maybe next bike will be another busa. It was too cheap not to but.

I'd look for an 06 or 07. The 07 was unchanged from the 06. There were no recalls on the last models

Look what the dummie went and did :laugh:

figure I would update this thread. I picked up that zx 14 in December. Finally got the engine together. Registered it. Put 300 miles on and sold it. Funny thing is my 2004 copper busa came up for sale from the kid I sold it to wed night. He put 300 miles on it in the year and a half he had it. I got it back from him. So I finally got another, I mean the same busa I loved and rode for 6 years. Not often you get the chance to guy an old bike back.

I will stop the debate about what one is faster, I think it's the 2004 custom painted copper one:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

So happy I could almost shed a tear.

we all know the real truth is that the fastest hayabusa is the one you are riding. Glad to see you saw the light and came back from the dark side.

we all know the real truth is that the fastest hayabusa is the one you are riding. Glad to see you saw the light and came back from the dark side.

After reading how many of the 14's were spinning # 3 rod bearing's it was very hard to trust it. Never mind rod bolts streaching and having to do oil mods on stock engine's so they survive. The engine was fresh in the 14 and I trust my 50K mile busa to to the end of the world before the 14 would make a trip to work. I figure I would have liked the 14 but eehh, not my cup of tea. Now to put a few pennies away and pick up a little brother for the busa. maybe another gsxr 750:whistle:

Back