What to do when a Rizoma part FAILS!

Aquaman

Banned Permanently By MC Mustang
Last weekend, I took my bike out for a ride and no further than getting down the end of my street, a part on the Rizoma rearset (Brake side) broke. This part is what I describe as a pivot arm. Basically its the piece that pivots that the brake leber rotates from. The OEM piece is made from Aluminum, which I never liked to begin with because it has "flex" in it. So last Saturday nite, I spent 3 hrs. at my computer on Mastercam and a pair of vernier calipers in an effort to "reverse engineer it. Only this time, it would be made out of Stainless Steel! I drew it all up on the Cad and then proceeded to program it for the CNC Mill. I spent this weekend at my shop that I have worked 23 yrs at and am very grateful that my boss would let me use on of the machines. Besides copying the piece, I opted to make it a bit beefier in the area that failed to begin with. If you look where the triangular mpocket is milled out, you can see that it is made a bit thicker around it. This is what I call the area that takes all the stress from your foot being applied to the lever. The other reason I opted to make it myself was that it could take 2 months to get one imported from Italy which BTW they stopped producing the rearsets for the Hayabusa.
So on to the pics......

IMG_6648.jpg

IMG_6650.jpg

IMG_6651.jpg

IMG_6653.jpg

IMG_6654.jpg

IMG_6655.jpg

When I tell you that it is better than new, it really is. There is no flex at all anymore. It was a bit of a PITA to do, but well worth it!

bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

Awesome work Sir!

r8

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

Your part looks and, it would seem to me, IS, much better than the original......Very nice work.
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

I love stainless stuff too.

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Sweet!
beerchug.gif
Remember when we were talking last week when your front brakes wernt working, you said you could still ride it with just rear breakes. Good thing you didnt. Looks good!
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Looks very good Brendan..................Now tell the truth.......Having those abilities to customize only causes us to over anylize every aspect of craftmanship......Ultimately causing headaches and nausea.
bowdown.gif

Back