What to do w/ stock exhaust...

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
I'm doing appearance mods such as the Puig, C.A. Integrated tail, GP Pegs, fairing screens, etc.

I will be getting a full exhaust sometime this year, but until then I was wondering what I could do to the stock exhaust in regards to "appearance" NOT sound...it just looks so bland.

Paint, Decals, Brand Name Plates, etc? - I imagine the heat is very prohibitive.

Any ideas/links on what's been done?

I polished mine. ALOT of work so you prob won't want to go that route.
I would like a pipe but prob won't ever see the extra moola for one. If yer gonna get a pipe this year, why do anything?
cool.gif

DSC00592.JPG

you can drill out the baffle & cut the tip  for a deeper roar. that's for the sound.

appearance: powder coat/paint it. Cut it and make a shorty out of it. rivet the end cap back on.

I threw the sound in there because if your gonna have it off working on it. you may as well work on the sound

(guido4512 @ Mar. 16 2007,08:22) I polished mine. ALOT of work so you prob won't want to go that route.
I would like a pipe but prob won't ever see the extra moola for one. If yer gonna get a pipe this year, why do anything?
cool.gif
Looking to maybe paint it black like Busawhipped...just don't have the paitning background on method, product use and durability (heat?).

Just getting really sick of the stock look until I get the new one.

(guido4512 @ Mar. 16 2007,08:22) I polished mine. ALOT of work so you prob won't want to go that route.
cool.gif
Have you noticed the one polished and one not on the left side.
all_coholic.gif

If you think you have to change it, buy a nice set of USED slip on cans. When you get your full system, you can sell them and get your money back. Buy right and you should only be out shipping.

(Revvv @ Mar. 19 2007,01:18)
cool.gif
Have you noticed the one polished and one not on the left side.  
all_coholic.gif
rock.gif

yeah that guy's a moron..... heh heh
laugh.gif
guns.gif

That pic was taken in process of polishing the cans. An old thread.
Only one was done to show the difference in brilliance.............
cool.gif

cool.gif

Back