What tires

2000 Hayabusa

Registered
I currently still have my original tires on my bike, I'm starting to look around for replacements, I don't use the bike to commute, as everyone else does I like the twisties. What's everyones tire opinion? OK to go with a 200 out back?

welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

...yes the 200 should be just fine! I'm planning to change mine to the same!!

It's okay to run a 200 as the stock tire is a 198, but you may be more happy with a 190 on the rear. Haven't done much twistie riding myself, but others have said there is a noticeable difference between the 2 in twisties.

I just replaced mine (stupid nails) with Metzler M1 Sportecs. I talked to the service mgr and parts guy and he actually recommended either a 190 or even 180/55. Going up to a 200 evicdently robs the performance as far as twisties and such almost too much for people who actually ride real-world stuff.

Which makes me shake my head even more at people who do a 300 tire mod for the back. yeeeeesh.

Are you saying you have the original old BT56 on a 2000 busa? I really dont like the 56's no confidence in the turns not real predictable and I spin it all the time when I snap the throttle. I have a set on my recently purchased 03 and will be swappin em this wknd for the mich powers.
As for what tire brand & model we could debate for days but the Metzeler's are awesome! Very sticky... I am trying my 1st set of michelins. Also I liked the Dunlop 208's and the Bridgestone BT010's and the 014's
For the twisties I wouldnt recommend the 200 but unless your a real kneedragger you may not notice. But the 190 or even the 180 should tip in nicer & quicker.

- Kent

Back