New Tire

cache

Banned
Okay, silly me, didn't remember what size the original tire was on the back. Soooooo......

Now have BT56R 190/50ZR17. Same as stock right?

First impression after taking it off the trailer. "THOSE A-HOLES RAISED MY BIKE UP!!!" Rather, actual rubber below me now.

Main question for you tire gurus (Howlin maybe) - is that same stock tire, or what? looks taller, but same width.

here is where I need help big time... Marc, you do this stuff for a living, so tell me what I do about this...

My wife took the bike to get the tire put on at the shop where I bought it. herd good stuff, but this is bad.

My wheel isnt the best for shine, etc.. but this was not there before.....

IM000045.JPG

I can fix it, but should not have to. I can't let them off the hook.

I worked at a automobile tire store changing tires in the mid 80's, and even back then, we had nice equipment that would not even TOUCH the rim. WTF is wrong with this?

Looks like they drug the thing across the shop floor. Damn right you should kick their ass for it. I just picked up a new rear for mine and was comparing it to the old and it looks a lot taller than the old one. Of course the old one is down to the cords right now! Oh crap, I forgot to go practice my burnouts before taking it off!!! Shiznit, I guess I was so excited to use my new Pit Bull stand that I completely forgot. I am going to have the service manager inspect my rim when I drop it off to have the new tire replaced so I have recourse in case the same thing happens. Good luck with it.

Hey Cache, I'd be FURIOUS if they did that to my rim! Mine is powder coated black and last time I checked, this doesn't buff out!

Some type of compensation is definately in order! Maybe the "tire dude" thinks hubcaps cover the gouges!

I don't use Action for service work. They don't seem quite with it. I don't think Rick does either.

I never use them for service , just for parts that i need, i take my bike to one place and one place only EDR

I will use them for future purchases, but not service.

I did get a new wheel ordered, and making them pay to get it polished, too. They are on my good side now.
smile.gif

Looks like they drug the thing across the shop floor.  Damn right you should kick their ass for it.  I just picked up a new rear for mine and was comparing it to the old and it looks a lot taller than the old one.  Of course the old one is down to the cords right now!  Oh crap, I forgot to go practice my burnouts before taking it off!!! Shiznit, I guess I was so excited to use my new Pit Bull stand that I completely forgot.  I am going to have the service manager inspect my rim when I drop it off to have the new tire replaced so I have recourse in case the same thing happens.  Good luck with it.
Thats a really good idea, have someone actually come out and inspect the wheel before hand and make them note the condition prior to work. Hell of an idea.

My initail service pissed me off, they brought my bike back to me covered in crap (it had sat outside all night), and then they charged me for a brake bleed that they ahdn't doneat setup. I spoke to the General Manager at Powersports and he promised me they are going to make it all better when I get my new rear put on. Yeah it is already getting close to time...1100miles...

Something my Dad taught me that has held true, Check ou the shop area, if it's clean and well maintained chances are they do decent work, if it's dirty and assed up do not take your bike there.

I am wondering Cache, what does their service area look like? Dirty floors/walls, crud pilling up here and there? Just curious.

In Tampa, MikeyUSF is recommending I go to a small shop near where he lives called R&R performance. One man shop all he does is build and fix bikes. Worth a shot.

now, I know this won't buff right out!
mad.gif
they're called "RimSavers" , little plastic things that stop this kind of thing happening to a wheel....
they were obviously NOT USED during installation . Most compatent shops will throw in a new valve stem as well,which come with a new valve cap. Also , just because the tire was balanced before....dosent mean it is now . New Tire....needs balancing , an' bearings lubed,an' brakes checked,an' wheel checked for straightness,an' disks checked for runout an' thickness , an' yadda yadda yadda .....

Back