What tests do i need to drive a haybusa?

busa_is_a_beast

Registered
anyone know what the law is regarding tests for bikes in the UK?
do i need a seperate or diffrent test to drive a manual bike?
im 15 so i dont have any licences btw

<!--EDIT|busa_is_a_beast
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141844075 -->

The vast majority of motorcycles are "manual" i.e. they require you to shift the gears using a foot lever.

Do you currently have a license to drive automatic cars? I know there used to be a separate test for that, if you weren't planning on driving a stick shift/manual gearbox.

You used to be able to ride bikes up to 250cc on a learner's permit in the UK until you passed your test - don't know what the current requirements are, I don't live there anymore. There are some UK members on the site who should be able to give you all the info.

There is a separate test for motorcycles in the UK, I took it many years ago, I believe now it consists of a road test and an "off-road" test conducted in a car park/open area for maneuvers etc.

Getting some professional training before taking the test is highly recommended if you don't have any riding experience.

Hi busa_is_a_beast (is this your real name),

Try the following link, explains all, but I think you are going to have to wait a few years.

http://www.acermotorcycles.fsnet.co.uk/mad.gif
biggrin.gif

mad.gif

lurk.gif

Interesting reddwarf, glad to hear that Canada makes kids wait a little longer before they can get on "The Beast"

Back