What size trailer should i buy???

Do you screw the E-Track just to the Wood, or put a steel plate under it?

I will have the etrack bolted to the floor with a lock washer on the back side. It is through the wood only

Also can to remove the harbor freight wheel chocks?

And i do not have the wheel chock bolted in yet. I will be bolting it to the floor and finding some easy way to take it on/off. Most likely some sort of bracket i will find at lowes

Thanks man, I think this will help, are you going to Daytona Bike Week this year? Also do you have any pics of how you installed thoes plate for the trailer?

You can see them here in back of my busa. Nothing fancy, just 1/4" plate with a 3/8" threaded hole for the bolt to attach the chock, and two holes to mount to the trailer floor. I marked the floor and used a router to flush mount them so no one would trip on them when the chocks are removed. You can get them from baxley, but I think they were like $30. I made mine for a fraction of that. Omslaw has a good pic of the ones he installed in his trailer. If he sees this post I'm sure he will post some pics.

100_0580%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Hey guys, no one seems to pay much attention here, the E track must be secured to the crossmembers under the trailer as much as possible. If you secure one with washers between 2 crossmembers that is ok, but the bulk of the fastening should be through the floor to the crossmember. We use bolts with lock nuts or self threading screws that go through the trailer crossmembers.

Making the Harbor freight wheel chocks removable------call me I will need to send you some detailed drawings and pictures so you will know how to make them work.

D rings that tie into E trac are the only way to go, one can miss bodywork strap interfenerce by moving the d rings on the floor to change the angle.

To make sure we do not overload the wheel chocks I tie the bikes down by the pegs as well as the front end, this usually means the front tiedowns are only to provide stabilaty and not as much compression. Kieth 918-446-2245:beerchug:

Go back to these pictures and look at the chocks there are some mods made to them so they can be moved as well as the d rings.

http://kieth.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Trailering-Equipment/5592145_Rn2zZ#343100184_8BkK6

Alright Keith I will, thanks for the info man. I should get my trailer in a few weeks and I'm going to set it up before I get to Daytona Bike Week this year!!!

Back