What Rear Tire For Turbos

Turbo Bob

Registered
I just bought Trainer Dave's 400hp turbo and the tires need to be changed due to age. Just wondering what you guys run on the rear and what pressure. I only ride the street but we ride very fast for long stretches, like 140-200mph. I have a ZX14R turbo putting out the same hp and it's stretched about 6" with no boost controller and every time I hit it it just spins the tire. With boost controller on the new bike I don't expect that to happen even though it has an 8" stretch.

IMG_1192.JPG

IMG_1194.JPG

No first hand experience with tires other than Michelin pilots. I remember seeing dunlop has a new drag type tire. Have you set the rear suspension for your weight yet? I've heard that helps. Beutiful bike btw, I had my eyes on it for some time but you know, money stuff.

Yes, I looked at the Dunlop Q4 but I don't think it would last long enough due to the speeds we run. I have replaced tires after 1,300 miles with no burnouts or low speed roll ons so I think that one would wear out in less than a thousand. I am thinking about the Q3+.

Hmmm. You want a tire to hook but last long. Don’t we all. I would go q4. Pro street guys are using them and have had good luck with them. Now they came out with the drag max. If you want traction a soft tire will work but won’t last long. If you got 2 bad ass turbo bikes I have to think you can afford good tires.

Hmmm. You want a tire to hook but last long. Don’t we all. I would go q4. Pro street guys are using them and have had good luck with them. Now they came out with the drag max. If you want traction a soft tire will work but won’t last long. If you got 2 bad ass turbo bikes I have to think you can afford good tires.
I don't mind buying the tires but it would not be fun having to get new tires every 3 weeks as our normal Sunday run is 230 miles and I think I would probably be wearing out the center section at the speeds we run. I think I will probably just get a boost controller for the 14 to help with the traction. I also keep the hp around 330 just to be on the safe side.

First of all congratulations on the bike. Its an awesome purchase, how much did pay for it? If you dont mind me asking. As far as tires michelin hands down is the best company. You can see all the top end cars with michellins. Pilot power super sports is my favorite.

I have tried pretty much every Tire on the market. Most anybody near the state of Maryland knows me is Turbo Bob they know the bike. Street tune is putting out about 428 horsepower are you hungry by Lois Street tune is 341 horsepower horn 6in extended swingarm the only tire that gives me any kind of traction is the Mickey Thompson Ultra Soft it doesn't last long at all but even with that I still smoke the tire at 80 plus mile an hour roll-ons I'll Blaze the tire even at a hundred and fifty miles an hour roll on still smoking Tire. It's fun but you know spinning ain't winning. Definitely need to AMS 1000 that's the only thing that's going to fix that problem too much horsepower

Reviving this thread.

Any of you used Dunlop Dragmax on the streer?

Front and rear?

Is it safe to use these tires when the road is dry? How long do they last?
Work fine just pick up rocks bad. I didn't know they had a front. Turbo bike hard riding may get a year out of it.

Back