Tire for Turbo?

Scotty_R8

Registered
So this isn't as much as a turbo question but more of a tire for a turbo application. I bought this bike with an RCC kit on it and a 300 tire on it that is absolute garbage under boost. I was curious if anyone else had a similar setup and what tire were they using that seemed to be better for traction purposes. I'm still debating of returning it back to stock width swingarm sometime in the future but looking for something now. Thanks in advance.

So this is not as much as a turbo question
but more of a tire for a turbo application .

I bought this bike with an RCC kit on it
and a 300 tire on it that is absolute garbage under boost .

I was curious if anyone else had a similar setup
and what tire were they using that seemed
to be better for traction purposes .

I am still debating of returning it back to stock width swingarm
sometime in the future but looking for something now .

Thanks in advance .

i run a shinko drag hook up, at about 280hp on the street. it dosnt stand much of a chance in first gear, if its not already hot but holds 2nd and up. cornering is fine (scraped the exhaust numerous times). inexpensive. i cant answer for any other tire.

I run a shinko drag hook up ,
at about 280hp on the street .

It does not stand much of a chance in first gear ,
if it is not already hot but holds 2nd and up .

Cornering is fine .
( scraped the exhaust numerous times )

Inexpensive .

I can not answer for any other tire .

Tire Speed Ratings.gif

Not trying to ask them to do more than they should ~ if you buy a higher number they'll last longer . . .

However, that also means that they will not stick nearly as well as the lower number tires !

What I've found out is that the 180 / 55 " HOOK - UP " works great for the drags.

I wouldn't ask that tire to perform well heading up to an Idyllwild ride !

The " ADVANCE " 005 would be my choice for curving roads .

The " APEX " 010 would last me a little bit longer.

Buy whatever you want to go ride with ?

I'm OK~ with a cheapo Shinko.

Just my two cents here.

Red, *<(:{)-

:popcorn:

Stinko doesn't make a 300 profile rear tire, so unless the OP goes with a stock rear rim he is sol. Metzler has a 300 (ME880), you'll spin that all day. Have you tried an Avon AV72? They are not particularly known for high mileage, and are somewhat sticky. Dropping the rear pressure down to 20-25 should also help . . .

i run a shinko drag hook up, at about 280hp on the street. it dosnt stand much of a chance in first gear, if its not already hot but holds 2nd and up. cornering is fine (scraped the exhaust numerous times). inexpensive. i cant answer for any other tire.

sorry miss read o.p.

Stinko doesn't make a 300 profile rear tire, so unless the OP goes with a stock rear rim he is sol. Metzler has a 300 (ME880), you'll spin that all day. Have you tried an Avon AV72? They are not particularly known for high mileage, and are somewhat sticky. Dropping the rear pressure down to 20-25 should also help . . .
I'm pretty sure Shinko does make a 300 tire now. I haven't jumped on it bc they were garbage in the past with my old bikes but anything has to be better than the current setup

Hey how’s it going, nice ride. Post some pictures. I’ve one with 330 Avon venom I believe is the name. Pretty good tire. I would recommend that.

I'm pretty sure Shinko does make a 300 tire now. I haven't jumped on it bc they were garbage in the past with my old bikes but anything has to be better than the current setup
Well you sure can't beat the price of that tire I would buy them 2 at a time just to have spare waiting & find out how good or not, how much abuse they take and for how long with a minimal investment. My front tire cost more than that!!!!

I've got the Avon AV72's on there now and don't hold up under boost in 1-3. I might dabble with air pressure and see what that does. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Back