Suspension settings for my 08 turbo???????

boosted

Registered
Can anyone give me a good starting point with my rear suspension. I've made the rookie mistake of chasing HP and not concentrating on suspension a little...Here's my setup-08 stage 2 busa, cut forks, 3.5 - 4 ins over, lowered front and rear about 2 ins, stiff shock link {makes the shock stiffer so I won't bottom out on the 08 tail}, 18-40 gearing, multi stage boost controller...

I assume I want my bike to squat fairly fast so I have the compression maxed at soft and spring soft also. Rebound is also soft in that I don't want the tire to unload. Am I all wrong here in my thinking? Also tire is a michelin pp race soft 190-50-17. I'M TIRED OF BLOWING THE TIRE OFF IN THE FIRST 4 GEARS IF I RUN BIG PROGRESSIVE BOOST. HELP!!!

Another turbo bike has called me out this weekend so some suggestions would be appreciated.

Can anyone give me a good starting point with my rear suspension. I've made the rookie mistake of chasing HP and not concentrating on suspension a little...Here's my setup-08 stage 2 busa, cut forks, 3.5 - 4 ins over, lowered front and rear about 2 ins, stiff shock link {makes the shock stiffer so I won't bottom out on the 08 tail}, 18-40 gearing, multi stage boost controller...

I assume I want my bike to squat fairly fast so I have the compression maxed at soft and spring soft also. Rebound is also soft in that I don't want the tire to unload. Am I all wrong here in my thinking? Also tire is a michelin pp race soft 190-50-17. I'M TIRED OF BLOWING THE TIRE OFF IN THE FIRST 4 GEARS IF I RUN BIG PROGRESSIVE BOOST. HELP!!!

Another turbo bike has called me out this weekend so some suggestions would be appreciated.

Go spank that other bike, Lawson!! :poke:

Joe I've been told by many that your talent is surpassed by very few...Whats your fee to ride this bike for me{I'll split the money 50/50 with you}...LOL Hope your doing well man.

being stretched i would tighten the compression just a couple clicks and the spring should be adjusted to your weight and not loose
the decompression should be set to go back up fairly slow
what clutch do u have?

being stretched i would tighten the compression just a couple clicks and the spring should be adjusted to your weight and not loose
the decompression should be set to go back up fairly slow
what clutch do u have?
2 stage lockup set with fairly heavy springs and 2 washers on each arm. I don't want it to slip because I ride on the street 90% of the time.

you might want to lighten the springs a bit
the clutch wont slip up top if you lighten the springs up
they are for initial engagement of the clutch and the weights hold it together down track (or higher speeds)

you might want to lighten the springs a bit
the clutch wont slip up top if you lighten the springs up
they are for initial engagement of the clutch and the weights hold it together down track (or higher speeds)
I know, but I don't want it to slip at all even initally. What I guess I should do is change my set up for the track as you suggested, but the majority of my riding is done on the street and I want my clutch to last a very long time.{I'm cheap and lazy...lol}

Back