What questions should I ask

wht_scorpion

Registered
I'm looking to get my bike Dyno look at my sign to see what I have. I'm looking for good gas mileage and a good a/f mix. What should I watch out for. I never had a bike dyno so I don't know what to ask or watch out for.
Thanks guys

They should tell you most the important stuff and let you watch it on the machine. Also. make sure you get a print out of the results.

May not answer your questions directly but some things to ponder:
1. Ask the tuner for past customers (references).
2. Does he have experience tuning Busa's?
3. What liability does he have if your bike grenades while being dyno'd?

P.S. I see you have a PC III. Have you looked into getting the ECU flashed instead via ECU editor? Is tuner savvy with this?

I'm looking to get my bike Dyno look at my sign to see what I have. I'm looking for good gas mileage and a good a/f mix. What should I watch out for. I never had a bike dyno so I don't know what to ask or watch out for.
Thanks guys

Most importantly, you should ask about the shop and tuner's reputation. Are they some yahoo with a dyno, or are they know to be good at what they do.
If they've got a good rep, just bring it in. They should give you a baseline of what you had, and after of what they did.

May not answer your questions directly but some things to ponder:
1. Ask the tuner for past customers (references).
2. Does he have experience tuning Busa's?
3. What liability does he have if your bike grenades while being dyno'd?

P.S. I see you have a PC III. Have you looked into getting the ECU flashed instead via ECU editor? Is tuner savvy with this?

This, and +1 on the ecu editor

EMS Race Engines

I called him he sent his dyno out wont be back till mid summer. there the link to his site. just don't know to many people around here. A little worried about having my bike touch by any body. Thats why need some questions to ask to see if he know what hes doing.

Do some searching on the .ORG, im sure this has been discussed several times already.

I dont know allot on the subject but I know reputation is ur best friend. Go to someone who is known for his tuning skills and not some local dealership that forked out money for a dyno.

Good luck and post the results when you get it all tuned up...

Check rep, before and after print outs, obviously make sure the pulls are done in the same gear.

Should he go to every gear pulls to redline

Not an expert by far, but most roll through the gears to 5th or 6th and then go to redline. Just make sure that all the pulls are done the same so you know what you're looking at.

Some shops are PC certified tuners. However, if you are after gas mileage, then do not mod the bike. I piped and PC'd mine and lost 5-8 mpg .

Note: Tuning Centers are by default Powercommander dealers. However, not all Powercommander dealers are tuning centers.

Not an expert by far, but most roll through the gears to 5th or 6th and then go to redline. Just make sure that all the pulls are done the same so you know what you're looking
at.

4th gear dude
Posted via Mobile Device

Back