How old is you fuel pump
rock.gif
maybe she's tired and just not puttin' out when you need to get a little
tounge.gif
my pump is just fine....

I hope....

please
1zhelp.gif

When she starts actin' up does it spit and sputer....or just die like you turned off the key
rock.gif

When she starts actin' up does it spit and sputer....or just die like you turned off the key
rock.gif
die...like you turned off the key, althou today, the beech reincarnated herself
an' came back to life after a 2-3 second "downtime" she came back to life with a medium backfire pop, tellin' me she was dry an' lean for a second...

which brings me back to fuel....

I guess there's always suicide...

did you try repainting your bike
laugh.gif

just kiddin'
I like your bike, you did a great job

I don't have a clue what could be the problem beside everything that was said.

So I'll STFU
biggrin.gif

rock.gif
die...like you turned off the key,  althou today, the beech reincarnated herself
  an' came back to life after a 2-3 second "downtime" she came back to life with a medium backfire  pop, tellin' me she was dry an' lean for a second...

which brings me back to fuel....

I guess there's always suicide...
If it dies like your turnin' off the key and then comes back with a back fire....sounds to me that your either losing power to the ignition system or the ignition system is the problem.

Back fires because the fuel builds up and then the ignition system kicks back in....

If it was a lack of fuel, I would expect it run bad for a few seconds and then stall.

rublah, I know you are smarter than you are showing us (nottalking about larry, moe and curly) .....   backfire is caused by unburned fuel being ignited... like when I used to go by the church back home in arkansas, at high speed, turn off the car,,, wait 5 seconds, then turn it back on just as I'm goin by some reaaaal old ppl in need of a push to the cemetary.

your losing ignition. start at your plugs, and work back. its not the kill switch, its not the kickstand switch(those turn off yor fuel pump too), its probly your regulator under the hump on the rear sub-frame.. but sounds like fire to the plugs is shorting to ground somewhere.

have a scalding one!

So what's the deal on this one Rubbah? Has it been fixed yet? Anythin I can help with? Have you run a diagnostic test yet? Is there error code showing up on the speedo? What's the square root of 91? Is there an afterlife? What is a TRE? Have you been shaving? Do you have a manual?

Don't know where all that was going...
biggrin.gif

I did so many things to fix mine last yr I have no idea what fixed the problem.

Yes I even had the tail off checking connectors there too.

My riding partner has the Blue Silver y2k, mine is the red grey y2k.

I do HOWEVER remember I ran 3 tanks with FI cleaner, and shortly thereafter had no more problems.

I was talking to Don (riding partner) and he said his did it last yr a few times, then did it last night on him..

Take note... He has never pulled the tank, so he is still on the original plugs....
he has 30+K, I have 45+k

anyways, hope your running that gremlin down, I hated the SOB, and wished someone could put a name to him....

Peace & GL,
Ron

ps, I'll give ya a buck-fifty if you pay shipping...:laugh:
tounge.gif
wink.gif

If you got a buddy with the same year busa and he'll let you swop your ecm with his. Do it. An intermitent shut down can be a beeoch. when ever i'm trouble shooting something I look for codes 1st. If there are none I check the basics 2nd. Then it starts getting harder cause now you covered all the basics and got to get out the ohm meter and check out anything that would cause a shut down condition yet not create a code.So before I go through all that bs I'll install a test ecm. Don't know if you checked out the manual but it looks like the fuel pump gets its ground from the ecm. There's also a 10amp fuse for the fp relay. check its pin drag. I don't know how smart these ecm's are (on busa's) for some are smarter than others making it easier to diagnose. Anyway I know its almost impossible to trouble shoot something when its not in your garage. I'm just trying to help. good luck.

some what of the same prob dude. every now and then it cuts off around 7500-9000 on the tack. like the kill switch, or something just cut it off. i've checked all kinds of crap and am leaning twards my TPS.

Rubbah - Have you thought about the ignition switch itself? The wires heading to the ignition switch get moved around alot whenever you turn the bars. Just a thought...

Have an electrified 1

Steve

I second the idea of the ignition switch. I chased a similar problem on a boat and after replacing EVERY electrical component known to man and Mercury, it turned out that the ignition switch was "intermittent" Worked MOST of the time.

I have not tried to take one apart on a Busa, but see if there is any way you can get access to spray some contact cleaner inside the ignition switch.

Those Dammned Queer Electrons....

Back